Kentucky-Western Kentucky Postgame Notes
Dec. 4, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK falls to 4-3 while Western Kentucky improves to 5-2.
- UK is now 15-14 all-time against WKU, 7-6 when playing in Bowling Green.
- UK is now 30-17 against teams from WKU's Sun Belt Conference.
- The Wildcats return to Lexington for their next matchup against Furman Saturday, Dec. 6 at 2 p.m. in Memorial Coliseum.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Lydia Watkins, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap is 0-1 this season. This was the first game with this lineup.
- Junior Lydia Watkins earned her second start of the season. She also started against Cincinnati.
- Key run: WKU used a 19-9 run to open the second half and take a 22-point lead with 7:56 to go in the game.
- UK hit three three-pointers in the game and has now hit at least one trey in 160 straight games.
- UK won the rebound battle 52-47. UK has either tied for won the battle of the boards in six of seven games this season.
- Kentucky shot a 31.3 percent from the field, including just 18.8 percent from beyond the arc (3-of-16). The Cats hit just 25.0 percent in the first half.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior point guard Carly Ormerod did not see action due to soreness in her left foot. Ormerod, who missed 17 games last season with the same injury, has sesamoiditis and turf toe in her left foot. This marked her first missed game due to injury since Feb. 14, 2008.
- Senior center Eleia Roddy charted her fifth career and first double-double of the season with a season-best 15 points and season-high 11 rebounds.
- Junior Amani Franklin led UK for the second-straight game with a season high-tying 16 points.
- Franklin made all nine of her free throw attempts in the game, and has not missed a free throw all season. Her current streak of 21 is tied for seventh on Kentucky's consecutive free throws made list.
- Junior Brittany Edelen pulled down a career-high eight rebounds.
- Sophomore point guard Amber Smith pulled down a season high-tying five rebounds.