Kentucky-Northern Kentucky Postgame Notes
Dec. 3, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 7-1, while Northern Kentucky falls to 4-4.
- UK is in its 41st season of varsity women’s basketball.
- Kentucky improves to 719-487 (60.3) all-time and 186-89 (73.2) in the month of December.
- Matthew Mitchell is in his eighth season as the head coach of the Wildcats. He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 177 and winning percentage of .719.
- This was the 15th meeting between the programs since UK became a varsity sport in 1974-75.
- Kentucky leads the all-time series 11-4, including a 6-2 mark in Memorial. UK has won six straight against the Norse.
- Kentucky improves to 389-144 all-time in Memorial, including a 99-16 record under Matthew Mitchell.
- UK has now won 47 straight regular-season non-conference games at Memorial Coliseum, dating back to Dec. 19, 2008.
- UK is 20-5 all-time against teams currently aligning to make up the Atlantic Sun Conference.
- Tonight’s attendance was 4,165.
- Next up: UK will travel to the Derby City to take on the No. 7/7 Louisville Cardinals. The game will be shown on ESPN3.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Jennifer O'Neill, Janee Thompson, Kyvin Goodin-Rogers, Bria Goss and Azia Bishop.
- Kentucky is 7-1 with this lineup.
- UK led by 11 at 45-34 at halftime.
- UK improved to 4-0 on the season when leading at the half.
- Kyvin Goodin-Rogers scored the first seven points of the game to give UK the 7-0 lead.
- She also accounted for 13 of UK’s first 19 points, eclipsing her career high of 11.
- She went 6-9 from the floor, including 2-2 from the 3-point line.
- Bria Goss scored 12 points and had three rebounds in the first 20 minutes
- Her prior season high in points was 10 vs. South Florida.
- Makayla Epps led Kentucky with four rebounds.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same five players that started the game.
- Kentucky went on an 8-2 run heading into the under 12 media break to extend its lead to 19 points.
- UK outscored NKU 37-30 in the final 20 minutes.
- Kentucky forced 26 turnovers and has now forced 20 or more in seven of eight games this season.
- Eight of nine players who played grabbed at least three rebounds.
- All nine players scored at least one point.
- Northern Kentucky did not have a fast break point in the game.
- UK countered with 10 points on the fast break.
- Kentucky scored 80+ points for the fourth time this season.
- UK is now 316-21 overall and 70-3 under Matthew Mitchell when scoring 80+ points.
- UK recorded 16 steals, tying a season high (vs. Appalachian State).
- The sophomore class scored 43 of UK’s 82 points (52.4).
- Kentucky led the entire game.
- UK’s 46.7 percent shooting from the field was the second-highest this season.
- UK won the rebounding battle for the fifth time this season, including second straight.
- Sophomore Kyvin Goodin-Rogers charted a career-high 19 points, four rebounds, a career-best three steals and a block in just 16 minutes of action.
- Scored 16 of her 19 points in the first half in just 10 minutes of action.
- Senior Bria Goss scored a season-high 16 points.
- Made a season-high seven free throws on 10 attempts.
- Now has 1,120 career points and needs 14 more to move up to No. 22 on the all-time scoring list.
- Sophomore Linnae Harper scored 13 points for her 10th double-figure game in her last 13.
- Had a team-high four assists, tying her previous season high (vs. Appalachian State)
- Marked her sixth double-figure game of the season.
- All three of her rebounds were offensive and she now has 25, second on the team.
- Sophomore Makayla Epps had her seventh double-figure game of the season, including fourth straight with 11 points.
- Had one assist to keep her streak alive of at least one assist in every game this season.