Kentucky-Murray State Postgame Notes
Nov. 27, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improves to 4-0 while Murray State falls to 2-3 this season.
- UK is now 13-0 all-time against Murray State since UK became a varsity sport in 1974-75.
- This was the first matchup between the intrastate rivals since 1994.
- UK is now 118-45 all-time against teams from the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- The Cats are now 80-16 overall, 2-0 this season against teams from the current alignment of the Ohio Valley Conference. UK defeated Morehead State (82-48) in its season opener.
- Kentucky will take on Southern Mississippi in the championship game at 5:30 p.m. EST. The Lady Eagles defeated Louisiana Lafayette 76-73 in overtime in the opening game.
- UK is 1-0 all-time against Southern Miss after defeating the Lady Eagles (59-44) on Dec. 28, 2001 in the Dartmouth blue Sky Restaurant Group Classic in 2001.
- Kentucky is improves to 84-36 all-time in regular-season tournaments with 27 tournament titles. The Cat’s last tournament title was during the 2008-09 season when they won the Courtyard LaGuardia Turkey Classic in Long Island, N.Y. UK did not participate in a regular-season tournament last season.
Team Game notes
- For the first time this season, Kentucky started the same lineup in consecutive games: A’dia Mathies, Victoria Dunlap, Maegan Conwright, Keyla Snowden and Carly Morrow.
- Victoria Dunlap controls the tip to A’dia Mathies then sent to Keyla Snowden who capitalized with a three-pointer on UK’s opening possession. UK never trailed in the game.
- Kentucky scored the first 16 points of the game, hitting six of its first 10 field goal attempts. Murray State missed its first 10 field goal attempts before Kayla Lowe ended UK’s run with a fast break layup at 14:14.
- Kentucky enjoyed its biggest lead of the first half at 27-9 on a Maegan Conwright steal and layup at 11:36.
- Dunlap left the game with 6:21 remaining in the first half after a hard fall.
- UK forced 24 Murray State turnovers, including 15 in the first half. It marked the 52nd consecutive game UK has forced its opponent into 10-plus turnovers, dating back to the 2008-09.
- The Cats have forced 20 or more turnovers in three of four games this season.
- Kentucky’s halftime lead at 41-21 marked the Wildcats’ largest halftime lead during the season.
- Matthew Mitchell is now 54-8 when leading at the half.
- UK has scored 80 or more points in four games this season. The Cats improve to 265-19 all-time when scoring 80 or more.
- UK scored more than 90 points for the first time since Jan. 1, 2010 against Mississippi Valley St. (93)
- This marked the second time this season Kentucky has defeated an opponent by more than 30 points, the last against Morehead State in the season opener.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 72 of 104 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 40 consecutive.
- UK has swiped 10 or more steals in 12 of its last 13 games.
- All 11 Wildcats saw action during the game with 10 putting points on the board.
- UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 226, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
Individual Game notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap left the game after a hard fall with 6:26 remaining in the first half. She did not play in the second half, finishing with four points and seven rebounds.
- Sophomore A’dia Mathies registered her first collegiate double-double, scoring 26 points and grabbing a career-high 10 rebounds. She snagged eight of her career-high rebounds in the first half.
- Mathies recorded her first 20-point game of the season and eighth of her career. She has scored in double figures 29 times during her career.
- Senior Carly Morrow scored a season-high 11 points on 4-of-7 shooting, including a game-high 10 points in the first half. Morrow also made a season-high 2-of-3 three-pointers during the contest.
- Morrow’s two three-pointers made against Murray State moved her into a tie for ninth place with Natalie Martinez (100 from 1996-2000) on UK’s career list with 100 career three-pointers made.
- Freshman Maegan Conwright hit a career-high two three pointers, scoring 13 points on 5-of-11 shooting. She added four rebounds, two assists and two steals. It was her second game this season with double figures.
- Freshman Kastine Evans had a career day on the boards totaling eight, two offensive and six defensive. She also had 11 points on 3-of-9 shooting. It was her second game this season with double figures.
- Sophomore Brittany Henderson had a team- and career-high night with 10 rebounds. She also added five points, one block and two steals.