Kentucky-Nebraska Omaha Postgame Notes
Nov. 23, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 5-0 overall, while Nebraska Omaha falls to 2-2.
- This marks the third straight season UK has started 5-0.
- This was the first matchup between Kentucky and Nebraska Omaha all-time.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 121-78 overall and 91-49 at UK.
- Mitchell is now tied with Bernadette Mattox for third all-time at UK in wins.
- UK has won 25 consecutive nonconference games at home dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK is 34-2 at Memorial Coliseum over the past three seasons.
- UK is 54-12 at Memorial Coliseum under the direction of Mitchell.
- Kentucky is now 633-464 in 38 years of varsity play.
- Kentucky plays again Friday at 7 p.m. ET against Sam Houston State at Memorial Coliseum.
First Half Notes
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Amber Smith, A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans and Samantha Drake for the first time this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 108-of-140 games in the Matthew Mitchell era, including 75 straight.
- Key run: Leading 15-12 with 12:56 on the clock, Kentucky went on a 26-2 run to take a 41-14 lead they would hold comfortably the remainder of the game.
- Kentucky held UNO scoreless for an 8:44 stretch, spanning from 10:24 to 1:40. UK went on a 15-0 run during that period.
- Kentucky went on two separate 10-0 runs during the half.
- UK did not allow UNO to grab a single offensive rebound throughout the first half.
- It was the third time in five games Kentucky did not allow the opponent to reach 20 first-half points.
- It was also the third time in five games Kentucky has scored 45 or more points in the opening half.
- Kentucky led 45-19 heading into the locker room.
Second Half Notes
- Kentucky led comfortably throughout the half, extending its lead to a game-high 36 points at the 10:18 mark.
- Kentucky is 30-1 under Mitchell when scoring 80 or more points.
- Kentucky has scored at least 80 points in all five games this season.
- Kentucky won the turnover margin by +28 (42-14).
- UK outscored Nebraska Omaha 39-6 in points off turnovers.
- UK outrebounded Nebraska Omaha 44-29, and 26-5 on the offensive glass.
- Kentucky forced Nebraska Omaha into 42 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 87 consecutive games. The Cats are 62-25 during that span.
- Kentucky is 29-1 when forcing 25-plus miscues.
- Kentucky has forced 188 turnovers in the first five games of the season (37.6 per game).
- Kentucky has forced at least 30 turnovers in all five games this season.
- With four made 3-pointers, UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a triple to 262.
- Kentucky gained a double-digit lead with 11:18 on the clock, and held it the remainder of the game.
- UK had a balanced effort with five players scoring at least nine points.
- All 10 Wildcats who played scored at least two points.
- Attendance was 4,058.
- Junior guard A’dia Mathies recorded a career-high nine steals to go along with 11 points and seven rebounds.
- Mathies’ nine steals is tied for the second most in a single game in UK history, and is the most since Rita Adams had nine steals against Virginia Commonwealth on Dec. 16, 2001.
- Freshman guard Bria Goss scored a game-high 13 points on 5-9 shooting, and pulled down six rebounds.
- Senior point guard Amber Smith scored nine points and dished out four assists for the fifth straight game.
- Sophomore center Samantha Drake scored a season-high nine points to go along with nine rebounds.