Kentucky-George Washington Postgame Notes
Nov. 23, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improves to 2-1 while GW falls to 1-2 overall.
- This was the third all-time meeting between GW and UK and the first against George Washington in Lexington. GW now leads the all-time series 2-1.
- UK is now 19-10 all-time vs. teams from the Atlantic 10 conference.
- The Wildcats are now 301-133 all-time in “the house that Rupp built.” UK is 560-432 all-time in 35 years of varsity basketball, needing only seven more games to reach their 1000 th contest.
- UK Hoops continues regular-season play at the Courtyard LaGuardia Turkey Classic in New York City vs. Yale on Friday, Nov. 28, 2008.
Team Game Notes
- Starting line-up: Carly Ormerod, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Brittany Edelen and Victoria Dunlap. This is the first time Coach Mitchell has used this lineup.
- Key run: Carly Ormerod’s three-pointer with 9:08 left in the game sparked a 12-0 run by the Cats.
- Four players scored in double figures for the first time since James Madison on March 26, 2008 in the WNIT third round.
- UK shot a season high 33.9 percent from the field (19-of-56).
- The Wildcats held George Washington to only 48 points. The last time UK held an opponent to 50 points or less was 44 against Alabama on Feb. 17, 2008.
- UK also held GW to 28.6 percent shooting in the game. The last opponent to shoot under 30 percent was Georgia’s 28.3 percent shooting on Jan. 31, 2008.
- UK outscored GW 44-26 in the second half after only leading by one point at halftime.
- UK outscored GW 24-10 in points in the paint and 16-4 in second chance points.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Amani Franklin scored a game and season high 16 points to lead all scorers. She also tied her season high in rebounds with three. She went 6-of-6 from the charity stripe.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap earned her fifth career and second season double-double with 13 points and a career high-tying 14 rebounds. She also pulled down 14 rebounds vs. MTSU in the WNIT on March 21, 2008.
- Senior Eleia Roddy recorded 12 points and seven rebounds. She went 8-of-8 from the free throw line.
- Senior Carly Ormerod charted a season high seven points and four rebounds in the game.
- Sophomore Amber Smith scored a season high 12 points. She also charted her first season three-pointer. It marked her first trey since the South Carolina game on Jan. 24, 2008. She also grabbed a season high five rebounds.
- Junior Brittany Edelen earned her second career start and pulled down a career-high seven rebounds.