Kentucky-Notre Dame Postgame Notes
Nov. 21, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- No. 9/10 Kentucky moves to 3-0 while No. 12 Notre Dame moves to 2-2
- This was the first matchup between UK and Notre Dame in women’s basketball.
- Kentucky owns a 20-game home winning streak and has won 16 in a row against non-conference opponents.
- The victory gives Kentucky its first win over a ranked non-conference opponent at home since defeating No.18 Western Kentucky in 1997.
- The Fighting Irish are the highest ranked non-conference opponent to meet the Wildcats in Lexington since 13th-ranked North Carolina visited Rupp Arena on Nov. 25, 2003.
- Matthew Mitchell improves to 10-20 against ranked opponents at UK and has won seven of the last 12 contests against ranked foes.
- UK’s all-time record against the Big East improves to 69-30. The Cats have now won three straight over Big East teams after wins over Louisville and Cincinnati last season.
- Kentucky is 29-13 in games decided by 10 of fewer points during the Mitchell era.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with a different lineup for its third consecutive game with A’dia Mathies, Victoria Dunlap, Maegan Conwright, Keyla Snowden and Carly Morrow.
- Victoria Dunlap put the first points on the board for the Wildcats at the free-throw line, 1:25 into the game.
- Notre Dame enjoyed its biggest lead of the game at 9-2 at 16:21 on a jumper by Kayla McBride.
- UK took the lead after a 9-0 run at 11-9 on a pair of free throws by Kastine Evans at 12:36 in the first half.
- UK had its largest lead of the first half at 38-26 with 2:26 remaining, following a 10-0 run highlighted by Snowden’s five points.
- Matthew Mitchell’s teams are 53-8 all-time when leading or tied at the half.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 70 of 102 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 38 consecutive.
- UK forced Notre Dame into 17 turnovers. UK has forced double-digit turnovers in 51 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK has scored 80 or more points in all three games this season. The Cats improve to 264-19 all-time when scoring 80 or more.
- UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 225, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored 24 points on 7-of-12 shooting from the field and 10-of-12 shooting from the foul line. She grabbed 14 rebounds and two steals.
- Highest rebound total since Jan. 28, 2010 against LSU (15).
- Scored 20 or more points for the 21st time in her career.
- Registered her first season and 23rd career double-double.
- Needs two more double-doubles to move into a tie for third on UK’s career list with Josh Mills (25 from 1990-93).
- Moved into 13th place on UK’s career scoring list with 1,346 points, passing Belitta Crowley (1,339 points from 1984-88).
- Has scored in double figures 71 times in her career and grabbed 10 or more rebounds 29 times.
- Has scored in double figures in 35 of her last 38 games, including nine in a row.
- Has recorded at least one steal in 44 of the last 45 games.
- Needs four more steals to tie Sandy Harding (224 from 1983-87) for seventh all-time at UK.
- Made 10-of-12 free throws against Notre Dame to move into fourth place on UK’s career free throws made list with 326.
- Junior Keyla Snowden scored a season-high 17 points, including a season-high five three pointers. Her 12 three-point field goal attempts were a career high. She missed the last game at Miami (Ohio) due to a sprained right knee suffered against Morehead State.
- Freshman Bernisha Pinkett came off the bench and scored a career-high 17 points on 7-of-14 shooting, including 3-of-6 from three-point range. The freshman also had a career-high five rebounds. She led all scorers at halftime with 10 points, including 2-of-4 shooting from behind the arc.