Kentucky-Central Michigan Postgame Notes
Nov. 17, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 4-0 on the season, giving the Wildcats their first 4-0 start since 2011-12 and fourth time in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- Kentucky's all-time record is 690-477 (.591) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The win makes UK 374-141 all-time in Memorial Coliseum, including an 84-13 mark under Mitchell.
- The Cats are 66-3 at home over the last five seasons (including two games at Rupp Arena).
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 148-62 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 178-91 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK's all-time wins list with 148 and winning percentage (.705).
- UK leads the all-time series 1-0 vs. Central Michigan and 31-4 vs. opponents from the Metro Atlantic Conference.
- Kentucky has won 40 straight regular season games vs. non-conference opponents at home.
- The Wildcats have now won 14 straight regular season non-conference games.
- Today's attendance was 4,813.
- Next up: UK wraps up its three-game homestand at Memorial Coliseum vs. Lipscomb on Thursday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. ET. The game will be carried on the UK IMG Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 4-0 this season when using this starting lineup.
- DeNesha Stallworth scored the first points of the game for UK with a left-handed layup.
- Jennifer O'Neill and Bernisha Pinkett were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:23 mark in the first half.
- UK went on a 12-0 run after CMU tied the game 2-2 early in the first half.
- UK was 15-for-34 (44.1%) from the floor led by Stallworth who led all Wildcats with 10 points.
- Central Michigan was held to 33.3 percent (12-of-36) shooting from the field.
- Kentucky shot 5-of-11 (.455) from beyond the arc.
- The Wildcats forced 11 Central Michigan turnovers.
- Azia Bishop had five blocks in the first half, which set a new career high.
- As a team, UK registered six blocked shots, which was a season high.
- Four players scored at least six points in the first half.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five who started the game.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 22 points in the second half.
- UK recorded 12 steals in the second half, while forcing 17 turnovers.
- Janee Thompson scored 11 of her 17 points in the second half.
- Kentucky improved to 23-0 in the Mitchell era when scoring 90 or more points.
- UK has scored 90+ points in three straight games.
- It marks the first time since the 1990-91 season UK has netted 90 or more points in three straight games when the Cats opened the season with wins over Kent State (114-83), Duquesne (101-56), Northern Kentucky (97-79) and Ohio State (107-73).
- The Wildcats shot 32-of-76 (42.1%) from the field.
- UK converted on 8-of-22 (36.4%) from beyond the arc, while holding the Chippewas to just 26.3 percent (5-of-19) from 3-point range.
- All 12 Wildcats in uniform saw action.
- Six UK players scored in double figures, marking back-to-back games that the Wildcats have finished with six players in double-figures.
- Five Wildcats had at least two steals.
- Kentucky forced 28 Central Michigan turnovers with 16 of them steals.
- The Wildcats turned the ball over a season-high 25 times.
- Kentucky dished out 21 assists, marking the third straight game UK has finished with 20 or more assists.
- It is the first time in the Mitchell era in which the Wildcats have had three consecutive games with 20 or more helpers.
- It marks the first time since the 1989-90 season that UK has dished out 20 or more assists in three consecutive games - vs. Stetson (24), Dayton (24) and Cincinnati (24).
- The Wildcats outrebounded Central Michigan 55-36. The 55 rebounds are a season high, while the +19 rebounding margin is also a season best.
- It's the most rebounds since UK grabbed 57 last season at Ole Miss (2/278/13).
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth scored a season-high 21 points, marking her 30th double-figure scoring game in a Wildcat uniform.
- Stallworth has recorded double-digit scoring outputs in three consecutive games.
- Stallworth also finished with career highs in free throws made (9) and attempted (10).
- Sophomore Janee Thompson registered career highs in minutes played (28), points (17), field goals attempted (12) and steals (6), while tying her career high in rebounds (4).
- Bernisha Pinkett was the last UK player to record six steals when she did it vs. Auburn on Jan. 20, 2013.
- Senior Samarie Walker notched her first double-double of the season and 12th of her career with 10 points and 11 rebounds.
- Walker extended her streak of consecutive games with at least one steal to 23.
- Junior Jennifer O'Neill scored 11 points off the bench.
- Senior Kastine Evans finished with 13 points and a season-high tying three assists.
- Evans has reached double figures in three of four games this season and 15 times in her career.
- Junior Azia Bishop finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and five blocks.
- Bishop's career-high five blocks are tied for sixth all-time for blocks in a single game.
- She has led UK in blocked shots 19 times during her career.
- Bishop has scored 10 points in consecutive games.
- Junior Bria Goss tied a career high with four assists.