Kentucky-Morehead State Postgame Notes
Nov. 17, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 3-0 with the win, while Morehead drops to 0-2 with the loss.
- UK is 3-0 to start the season for the first time since 2005-06 when the Wildcats opened 8-0.
- The Wildcats are now 23-4 all-time vs. the Eagles, including a 7-3 mark in Morehead, Ky.
- UK is now 77-16 against teams from the current alignment of the Ohio Valley Conference and the Cats have extended their streak to 23 consecutive games against OVC opponents.
- Up next: UK Hoops returns to Memorial Coliseum, Sunday, Nov. 22 vs. Chattanooga. Game time is 6 p.m. EST following UK's conference volleyball matchup vs. Florida at 2 p.m. EST.
Team Game Notes
- For the third consecutive game Coach Mitchell started Amber Smith, Victoria Dunlap, Amani Franklin, Carly Morrow, A'dia Mathies.
- Key Run: UK held a 24-21 lead with 6:36 left in the first half, before going on a 13-6 run to end the half with a 37-27 advantage.
- After three games, the Wildcats are averaging 83.7 points per game.
- Kentucky went on an 8-0 run to start the game with Morehead State getting its first points at the 17:35 mark of the first half.
- UK had four players score in double figures for the second time this season.
- Five different UK players hit a three pointer, with UK totaling a season-high eight three pointers in the game.
- Kentucky has now hit a three-pointer in 187 consecutive games, dating back to 2003-04.
- UK made eight total three pointers in the game for the first time since facing Ole Miss on Feb. 1, 2009
- UK owns a 578-447 all-time record in 35 years of varsity women's basketball.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap totaled a game-high 16 rebounds, adding 12 points in 34 minutes of action, with a career-high six assists, four blocks and one steal.
- With the 16 rebounds and 12 points, Dunlap charted her 16th career double-double, good for a tie for fifth with Eleia Roddy on the UK career list.
- Dunlap has swiped at least one steal in 11 consecutive games and has scored in double digits in nine consecutive games, dating back to last season.
- She blocked a career-high equaling four shots, for the fourth time in her career and the first time since facing LSU on Jan. 25, 2009.
- Dunlap has grabbed double-digit rebounds in four consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- Senior guard Amani Franklin came two points shy of a double-double with eight points and 12 rebounds in 35 minutes.
- With 12 rebounds, Franklin has now hauled in 12 or more rebounds in her previous two games, grabbing a career-high 14 rebounds against Butler.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies led UK with a career-high 18 points in 35 minutes, adding a career-high six rebounds on 7-of-15 shooting.
- Mathies made a career-best three baskets from behind the arc.
- She has scored in double figures in all three games of her collegiate career.
- Carly Morrow, a junior guard, charted 11 points, three rebounds, two assists and one steal in 32 minutes.
- Morrow now has double-figure points in two of three games this season.
- Junior guard Amber Smith finished with 15 points, four assists and three steals in just 23 minutes of game time.
- Smith has now scored in double figures in each game this season.