Kentucky-Michigan Postgame Notes
Nov. 15, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is in its 35 th season of women's basketball. Head Coach Matthew Mitchell enters his second season with the Wildcats.
- This was the fourth all-time meeting in the series against Michigan. UM now leads 3-1 after also defeating the Wildcats last season in Ann Arbor, Mich., 63-59.
- UK is now 27-8 all-time in season openers and 31-4 all-time in home openers. This is UK's first loss in a season opener since the 1998-99 season.
- The Wildcats are now 299-133 all-time in Memorial Coliseum.
- UK Hoops continues regular-season play Monday, Nov. 17, at 7 p.m. ET against Cincinnati.
Team Game Notes
- Starting line-up: Amber Smith, Victoria Dunlap, Amani Franklin, Carly Ormerod, Eleia Roddy
- UK outrebounded Michigan 44-34 and out-scored the Wolverines in the paint 42-30.
- Michigan shot 50.0 percent from the floor (23-of-46). The last opponent to shot 50 percent or better against the Cats was Tennessee on Jan. 17, 2008.
Individual Game Notes
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap recorded her fourth career double-double, sinking 19 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. It was her third consecutive double-double after charting two at the end of the 2007-08 season vs. James Madison and Marquette in the WNIT.
- Junior Brittany Edelen tied her career with five rebounds. She also pulled down five vs. Louisville (12-20-07) and Mississippi Valley State (12-19-08). Her five rebounds against Michigan were all offensive which surpasses her career best of three vs. MVSU.
- Sophomore Catina Bett tallied eight total points, eclipsing her previous career high of seven points vs. Old Dominion (12-28-07) and Xavier (1-1-08).
- Senior Carly Ormerod attempted three three-pointers in the game. She passes Mia Daniel and moves up to No. 10 on UK's career list for 3-point field goals attempted with 254.