Kentucky-Miami (Oh) Postgame Notes
Nov. 14, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky has started at 2-0 for the second consecutive season while Miami (Ohio) falls to 0-1.
- UK leads the all-time series with Miami 15-2, including a 7-2 mark in Oxford.
- The Cats have won five in a row against the RedHawks after defeating them 107-53 last season in Lexington.
- Next up: The Cats take on No. 12 Notre Dame in their annual “Pack the House” game Sunday, Nov. 21 at 1 p.m. EST in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Network and FSN South.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of A’dia Mathies, Carly Morrow, Victoria Dunlap, Samantha Drake and Maegan Conwright.
- The Wildcats started two freshmen for the first time in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 70 of 102 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 38 consecutive.
- The Cats took a 33-31 lead at the half. UK improves to 53-8 in the Matthew Mitchell era when leading or tied at the half.
- UK scored 30 points off 28 turnovers by Miami and has recorded 20 or more turnovers in both games this season.
- The Wildcats have forced more than 25 turnovers 14 times during the Mitchell era.
- UK has forced double-digit turnovers in 50-straight games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- With 16 steals the Cats have charted double-figure steals in 11 consecutive games.
- UK scored 80-plus points, improving its record to 264-19 when scoring 80 or more since 1974, including 18-1 in the Mitchell era.
- UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 225 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Freshman Maegan Conwright earned her first career start.
Individual Game Notes
- Five players scored in double figures (Dunlap and Mathies 16, Conwright 15, Drake 13 and Evans 10) for the first time since facing Alabama, 1/11/10.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored 16 points to go with nine rebounds, four steals, three blocks and one assist.
- Scored in double-figures for the 70th time in the career and has scored in double figures in 35 of her last 38 games, including nine in a row.
- Currently has 1,318 points (needs 21 points for 13th on UK’s all-time list), 829 rebounds (needs 48 rebounds for third on UK’s all time), 218 steals (needs 10 steals for seventh on UK’s all-time list) and 136 blocks (needs 20 blocks for second on UK’s all-time list.)
- Has recorded at least one steal in 44 of the last 45 games.
- Sophomore guard A’dia Mathies finished with 16 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
- Freshman guard Maegan Conwright had a career day in her first collegiate start with 15 points on 5-of-12 shooting from the field, going 5-of-8 from the charity stripe, collecting four assists, five steals and one block in 31 minutes of play.
- Freshman guard Kastine Evans also had a career day with 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting from the field, including 2-of-4 from three-point range.
- Before leaving the game with a knee injury early in the second half, Samantha Drake recorded career highs in points (13). She tied her career high in rebounds (5) and steals (1).
- Freshmen Sara Beth Barnette (2 points) and Jennifer O’Neill (1 point) scored their first collegiate points.
- For the second consecutive game all 12 players available saw action.