Kentucky-Boston Postgame Notes
Nov. 13, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is in its 36th season of women's basketball. Head Coach Matthew Mitchell enters his third season with the Wildcats.
- This was the first meeting between Boston University and Kentucky. UK is now 2-0 vs. teams from the America East Conference.
- UK is now 28-8 all-time in season openers and 32-4 all-time in home openers.
- The Wildcats improve to 311-138 (69.3 percent) in Memorial Coliseum
- UK is now 252-19 (.930) since 1974 when scoring 80 points or more in the game.
- The last time Kentucky scored over 90 points in a regular-season game was Dec. 22 2005, in a 105-45 win over Tennessee State.
- The 34-point margin of victory was the largest for the Wildcats since an 86-51 win over Memphis on Dec. 30, 2006
- UK Hoops returns to Memorial Coliseum Sunday, Nov. 15, at 1 p.m. ET against Butler. The game will be broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Network (radio and TV) and Fox Sports South.
Team Game Notes
- Starting line-up: Amber Smith, Victoria Dunlap, Amani Franklin, Carly Morrow, A'dia Mathies
- Key run: UK rattled off 10 straight points over a three-minute span midway through the first half to regain a 10-point cushion at 22-12. The run answered 10-point BU stretch just prior.
- Kentucky won the opening tip and never trailed in the game.
- All nine players dressed on the UK bench saw action in the game. Senior Lydia Watkins sat out the opener due to a shoulder injury while guard Crystal Riley (transfer from LSU) will not be eligible until after the 2009 fall semester.
- Four Wildcats scored double-figures: Victoria Dunlap (24), Carly Morrow (17), Amber Smith (16) and A'dia Mathies (13).
- The Wildcats forced 29 turnovers, scored 30 points off those miscues and held BU to just 32 percent shooting from the field. It marked the most forced turnovers for the Cats since forcing 29 vs. Alabama on Feb. 17, 2008.
- UK grabbed 15 steals in the game. It marks the most steals for the Wildcats since grabbing 16 vs. Texas Pan-American on Jan. 2, 2007.
- Kentucky out-rebounded the Terriers 45-40 and scored 40 points in the paint.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Victoria Dunlap scored 24 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to record her 14 th career double-double. That mark ties her with SeSe Helm (2001-04) for sixth on UK's all-time double-doubles list.
- Dunlap now has six career games with 20 points or more.
- Dunlap, who scored the first four points of each half, led the Cats in the first half by scoring 11 points just 8:27 into the game.
- Senior Amani Franklin extended her consecutive free-throw streak to 20. The streak ranks 10 th all-time at UK, one behind her streak over eight games last season of 21.
- Junior Carly Morrow set a new career mark with five 3-point field goals made, and tied her career marks with four steals and six shots made from the field.
- Junior Amber Smith went a perfect 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the game, part of 16 points on the day.
- Freshman A'dia Mathies scored 13 points after making 6-of-7 from the charity stripe. She also nabbed seven rebounds in her first career start.
- Sophomore Rebecca Gray came off the bench and scored eight points, grabbed five rebounds, dished out a team-high three assists and added a pair of steals in her debut in the Blue and White.
- Freshman Brittany Henderson scored her first bucket as a Wildcat in the second half, snared six rebounds and posted a block in just 16 minutes.
- Sophomore Keyla Snowden scored six points and grabbed two rebounds in her first action for Kentucky.