Kentucky-Morehead St. Postgame Notes
Nov. 12, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky begins its season 1-0 while Morehead St. falls to 0-1.
- This was the first meeting between the schools in Lexington since 1995.
- Kentucky now leads the all-time series with Morehead St. 24-4, including a 17-1 advantage when playing in Lexington.
- Kentucky extended its current home winning streak to 19 games, which is tied for the second-longest home winning streak in school history and currently ranks 10th nationally.
- Kentucky is 79-16 all time against Ohio Valley Conference opponents.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of A’dia Mathies, Crystal Riley, Keyla Snowden, Victoria Dunlap and Samantha Drake.
- Morehead St. won the tip but failed to capitalize on the opening possession.
- Crystal Riley put in the opening points of the season at the free-throw line with 18:46 to play in the opening half, to go up 1-0.
- Keyla Snowden hit the first three of the game at the 18:00 mark of the first half.
- Kentucky enjoyed its biggest lead of the first half at intermission, leading 27-20.
- After trailing, 16-17 at the 5:54 mark in the first half, UK went on 66-31 run including an 18-0 run that spanned more than six minutes at the beginning of the second half.
- Kentucky collected 14 steals after corralling 10 or more steals in 27 times last season.
- UK forced Morehead into 36 turnovers. UK is now 4-0 under Matthew Mitchell when forcing 30 or more turnovers. The last time the Wildcats forced 30-plus turnovers was 40 against Mississippi Valley St., Jan. 1, 2010.
- UK has forced double-digit turnovers in 49 straight games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- UK scored 80-plus points, improving its record to 263-19 when scoring 80 or more since 1974.
- The Wildcats held Morehead to 27.8 percent from the field on 15-of-54 shooting. The last time Kentucky held an opponent to under 30 percent shooting was Dec. 13, 2009 against Florida A&M.
- UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 224 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Everyone available on the roster played minutes in the game.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap scored 18 points to go with nine rebounds and seven steals.
- She currently has 1,302 points, 820 rebounds, 214 steals and 133 blocks.
- Dunlap has scored in double figures in 34 of her last 37 games, including eight games in a row.
- She has recorded at least one steal in 43 of the last 44 games.
- Sophomore A’dia Mathies totaled 18 points to go with four rebounds.
- It marked her 27th career game with double figures.
- Junior Keyla Snowden finished with six points and hit two three-pointers. She has hit at least one three-pointer in 12 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
- Four UK freshmen scored their first career points led by Bernisha Pinkett (12), Maegan Conwright (8), Samantha Drake (4) and Kastine Evans (4).