Kentucky-Morehead State Postgame Notes
Nov. 11, 2011
Johnson Arena - Morehead, Ky.
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 1-0 overall, while Morehead State falls to 0-1.
- Kentucky leads the overall series against Morehead State 25-4 with the Wildcats winning the last eight in a row. UK is 8-3 at Morehead, Ky.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 117-78 overall, 87-49 at UK, including a 3-0 record all-time against Morehead State.
- Kentucky is now 629-464 in its 38th year of varsity play.
- Kentucky plays again Tuesday at 11 a.m. ET against Jacksonville State in its home opener.
First Half Notes
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Maegan Conwright, A’dia Mathies, Bria Goss, Brittany Henderson and Samantha Drake.
- Samantha Drake won the opening tipoff for Kentucky. Drake is 1-0 on the season.
- Brittany Henderson scored the game’s opening two points on a layup.
- Kentucky trailed 31-32 heading into the locker room.
Second Half Notes
- Trailing 34-36, Kentucky went on a 9-0 run to take the lead 43-36. UK would lead the remainder of the game.
- Kentucky held Morehead State without a field goal for 4:44, going on an 18-2 run in the process.
- Kentucky exploded on a 36-10 run in the second half to take a decisive 70-46 lead.
- The Wildcats shot 62.2 percent from the field in the second half.
- Kentucky held Morehead State to just eight field goals on 26.7 percent shooting in the second half.
- Kentucky outrebounded Morehead State 30-12 in the second half.
- Kentucky scored 65 points in the second half. It is the most points ever scored in a half by a Kentucky team.
- UK has started a freshman in 104-of-136 games in the Matthew Mitchell era, including 71 straight.
- Kentucky is 26-1 under Mitchell when scoring 80 or more points.
- UK won the rebounding battle 49-38 for the game, and 30-12 in the second half.
- Kentucky forced Morehead State into 30 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 83 consecutive games. The Cats are 58-25 during that span.
- With six made 3-pointers, UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a triple to 258.
- UK outscored the Lady Eagles 54-24 in the paint.
- Sophomore guard Kastine Evans led Kentucky with a career-high 23 points on 8-12 shooting.
- Scored 17 of 23 points in the second half.
- Junior guard A’dia Mathies scored 16 points to go along with six rebounds. Mathies is now 58 points away from becoming Kentucky’s 28th member of the 1,000-point club.
- Senior guard Keyla Snowden scored 15 points, including three 3-pointers. Snowden also had a career-high four assists. Snowden had recorded three assists on four separate occasions.
- Snowden’s 15 points move her to 983 points for her career (including points scored at Akron).
- It is the 16th time Snowden has hit three or more 3-pointers.
- Sophomore center Samantha Drake led Kentucky with a team-high 10 rebounds. It is her second career double figure rebounding effort.
- Sophomore guard Maegan Conwright scored 11 points to go along with a career-high tying five assists.