Kentucky-Bellarmine Postgame Notes
Nov. 9, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 4-0 against Bellarmine ( Louisville , Ky. ) all time. The Wildcats last played the Knights on Feb. 6, 1976 with a road win, 72-52.
- Kentucky is in its 35 th season of women's basketball. Head Coach Matthew Mitchell enters his second season with the Wildcats.
- UK Hoops begins regular season play Saturday, Nov. 15, at 2 p.m. ET against Michigan in Memorial Coliseum.
Team Game Notes
- Starting line-up: Carly Ormerod, Eleia Roddy , Brittany Edelen, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap
- Key run: Leading 65-62 with 3:03 to play, sophomore Carly Morrow hit a key three-pointer (UK's only three in the game) to push the Cats' lead to six with 2:51 remaining. Morrow later hit two clutch free throws with 11 seconds left to help clinch the win.
- UK shot just 39.7 percent from the floor (29-of-73), including a mere 6.7 percent from beyond the arc. UK was 0-14 from the three-point line until Morrow hit her three-pointer with 2:51 to go in the game.
- Kentucky outscored Bellarmine 46-30 in points in the paint. The Cats also capitalized on Bellarmine's turnovers, scoring 23 points off the Knights' miscues.
Individual Game Notes
- If this were a regular-season game, Eleia Roddy would have tied her career high in points with 21. She also scored 21 points last week in the Cats' first exhibition game against Kentucky State . Roddy recorded three steals, which would have been a career high.
- Victoria Dunlap scored 13 points, nine rebounds and charted five steals, the most in her career, and swatted three blocks in the game.
- Carly Morrow added 11 points, including hitting UK 's only three-pointer.