Kentucky-Oklahoma Postgame Notes
March 30, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky ends its season at 28-8 while Oklahoma improves to 27-10.
- Today's game marks the first in series history with Oklahoma who owns a 1-0 advantage.
- Kentucky's record against Big 12 opponents slips to 5-8 all time against teams currently comprising the league.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell's overall record after three seasons is 91-69, including a 61-40 mark at UK. Mitchell's record against Oklahoma moves to 0-1.
NCAA Tournament Notes
- Kentucky's NCAA Tournament record moves to 7-7 overall and 0-2 in regional final contests. UK also lost to Louisiana Tech 82-60 in the 1982 NCAA Tournament regional final in Ruston, La.
- UK Head Coach Matthew Mitchell stands at 3-1 in NCAA Tournament games after his first appearance as a head coach. He ranks first among UK coaches in NCAA Tournament victories ahead of Terry Hall (2-3), Bernadette Mattox (1-1), Mickie DeMoss (1-1) and Sharon Fanning (0-1).
Team Game Notes
- UK swiped 12 steals against the Sooners and grabbed 10 or more steals in 27 games this season.
- Kentucky ends its record against ranked teams during the 2009-2010 season at 5-5.
- Kentucky extended its single-season school record for steals (418), turnovers forced (823) and three-pointers made (187).
- UK forced Oklahoma into 21 turnovers. The Wildcats forced 20 or more miscues by their opponent in 26 of 36 games.
- UK suffers its largest margin of defeat this season at 20 points. The previous was 81-65 (16 points) at Tennessee on Feb. 25.
- Kentucky's 32.9 percent field-goal shooting (23-of-70) marked the Wildcats' lowest shooting performance since a 29.9 percent performance (20-of-67) at Tennessee on Feb. 25.
- Kentucky finishes the 2009-10 campaign with many impressive numbers:
- Most wins (28) and most SEC wins (11) in school history.
- First team to advance to the Elite Eight since 1982.
- First team to advance to the SEC Tournament final since 1982.
- First team to win 17 or more home games in school history.
- First team to go undefeated at home (17-0) since 1981.
- UK extended its streak of consecutive games with a three-pointer to 223 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Keyla Snowden, Victoria Dunlap, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies for the sixth time this season. That lineup is 5-4.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior forward and SEC Player of the Year Victoria Dunlap scored 31 points to go with 13 rebounds and three steals.
- Named to Kansas City All-Region Team, becoming the first UK player to be named to a regional all-tournament team in school history.
- Becomes only the fourth player in school history to chart at least 1,000 points and 800 rebounds during her career. She currently has 1,284 points and 811 rebounds. Dunlap joins Valerie Still (2,763 points and 1,525 rebounds), Leslie Nichols (1,797 points and 877 rebounds) and Sarah Elliott (1,502 points and 800 rebounds).
- Has posted 20 or more points in 21 games in her career, including 12 this season. She scored 20 or more points in five of seven postseason games this year.
- Posted her 11 th double-double on the season and the 22 nd of her career.
- Her 31-point scoring effort against the Sooners is her most points in a game since netting 33 in the second game of the season against Butler.
- Her 13 rebounds against Oklahoma moves her into fourth place on the UK career rebounds list with 811. She moves past Sarah Elliott (2005-08) who grabbed 800.
- Dunlap's 13 rebounds are her most in a game since grabbing 16 in a 57-51 loss at Middle Tennessee State on Dec. 28.
- Scored in double figures in 33 of 36 games played this season.
- Has recorded at least one steal in 42 of the last 43 games.
- Owns the UK single-season steals mark with 107 after grabbing three against the Sooners. She passes Leslie Nichols (1986) and Rita Adams (2002) who each swiped 104.
- Freshman A'dia Mathies totaled nine points to go with five rebounds and four steals.
- She finishes her first season at UK with the school record for steals by a freshman with 93.
- Her four steals against the Sooners moved her into fifth on UK's career steals list with 93.
- Junior point guard Amber Smith scored nine points to go with two rebounds, two steals and an assist.
- Dished out 39 assists in seven postseason games this year (5.6 per game).