Kentucky-Baylor Postgame Notes
March 29, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK finished the season 26-9.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 712-486 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 16-11 all-time in the NCAA Tournament.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 170-71 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 200-100 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 170 and winning percentage (.705).
- Mitchell is now 12-5 in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Wildcats were 6-5 vs. ranked opponents this season, including 4-5 vs. the top 10.
- Kentucky fell to 1-2 all-time vs. Baylor, including a 5-8 record vs. teams from the Big 12.
- UK’s senior class of Kastine Evans, Bernisha Pinkett, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker finished with a record of 109-31, which ranks second all-time in program history.
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- Kentucky was 19-6 this season when using this starting lineup.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 363 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats streak of 186 consecutive games forcing double-figure turnovers came to an end after forcing nine today.
- UK trailed at the half, 49-32 and was 4-6 this season when trailing at the half.
- The 17-point halftime deficit marked the largest of the season for Kentucky.
- UK finished the season ranked in the top 10 of 11 single-season lists, including first in rebounds (1,513), second in free-throws made (595), third in 3-pointers made (192) and fourth in points per game (81.3) and blocks (141).
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth scored a team-high 19 points.
- Scored 10 or more points in 21 games this season, including nine straight.
- Also pulled down a team-high eight rebounds.
- Finished 9-of-14 from the field, which tied her career high for made field goals in a game.
- Finished her career with 1,740 career points (812 at UK) and 871 rebounds (417 at UK).
- Ranks ninth on UK’s all-time double-doubles list with 15.
- Junior Bria Goss finished scored nine of her 13 points from the free-throw line (9-of-10).
- Marked her 19th game of the season in double figures and seventh in her last eight games.
- Set a new school mark for free-throw percentage in a single season at 90.1 percent (127-of-141)
- Freshman Linnae Harper tallied 14 points, marking her 14th game of the season in double-figures.
- Was a career-best 2-of-2 from 3-point range.
- Senior Samarie Walker finished her career seventh on UK’s all-time charts in rebounds (777) and blocked shots (96) and tied for fifth with 20 career double-doubles.
- Finished with 942 career points (837 at UK) and 876 career rebounds (777).
- Finished with 20 double-doubles which ranks tied for fifth on UK’s all-time list.
- Senior Kastine Evans played in 139 career games which ranks No. 2 on UK’s all-time list.
- She finished her career with 766 career points.