Syracuse-Chattanooga Postgame Notes
March 22, 2014
- Chattanooga, winners of the Southern Conference regular season and tournament, finished the season 29-4.
- Chattanooga ended a 24-game winning streak today.
- The Mocs were led by senior forward Taylor Hall, the SoCon Player of the Year. Hall had 19 points and 10 rebounds, her 13th double-double of the year. Hall also had a game-high six assists.
- Alex Black was next with nine points, all coming on three-pointers.
- Syracuse improved to 23-9 and has now won six of its last seven. The Orange has won 23 or more games in four of the last five seasons.
- Syracuse won its first NCAA Tournament game in school history. This is the school's sixth appearance in the tournament.
- In today's game, Syracuse took the lead at 13-11 and never trailed again.
- Syracuse won today's game at the foul line. The Orange made 24 of 31 free throws while Chattanooga made only 4 of 14.
- Syracuse also dominated the inside game, winning the rebounding 52-36 and points in the paint, 28-18.
- Syracuse had two players earn double-doubles, sophomore guards Brittney Sykes and Brianna Butler.
- Sykes totaled 13 points and 12 rebounds, her second double-double of the season. The 12 boards tied her career high.
- Butler notched 13 points and a career-high 10 rebounds, her first double-double with the Orange.
- Syracuse was led in scoring by Shakeya Leary, who scored 15 points and grabbed eight rebounds.