Kentucky-Wisconsin Postgame Notes
March 22, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky concludes the 2008-09 season with a 16-16 overall record, while Wisconsin improves to 19-14.
- The Cats have posted 16 or more wins in five consecutive seasons.
- The Wildcats trail 0-2 in the series vs. Wisconsin and are now 28-41 all-time vs. teams from the Big Ten conference. UK has lost eight straight games to Big Ten teams.
WNIT Game Notes
- Kentucky made its sixth all-time appearance in the WNIT, its fourth in the last five years.
- The Wildcats have appeared in a school-record five consecutive postseason tournaments.
- Kentucky is 13-5 all-time when playing in the WNIT, including a 4-2 mark in second-round games.
- Kentucky's 45 points marked the fewest in the WNIT since netting 60 vs. Texas on March 17, 1978.
- UK's 19 first-half points were the lowest since scoring 24 twice, the last vs. West Virginia on March 28, 2005.
- UK's 27.5 field goal percentage was the lowest since hitting 35.6 percent vs. Wisconsin on March 22, 2007.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky used the starting line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Amani Franklin, Carly Ormerod, Eleia Roddy and Amber Smith for the ninth time this season. The Cats are 4-5 with that particular starting five.
- UK scored just 45 points, the second-lowest scoring output of the season.
- UK's 16 first half points were a season low.
- The Wildcats won the rebound battle 46-39. Kentucky held the rebounding edge in all but nine games this season.
- UK's 46 rebounds tied for the second-highest total this season. UK also grabbed 46 rebounds vs. Long Island on Nov. 29.
- Kentucky trailed 19-16 at halftime. The Cats were 3-12 overall when trailing at the half.
- The Wildcats had 19 games – including five of their last seven - decided by 10 points or fewer and went 8-11 in those games.
- Kentucky limited Wisconsin to 31.7 percent (19-of-60) shooting from the floor and ended the season holding 29 of 32 opponents to under 50 percent shooting.
- Kentucky was 2-of-12 from beyond the arc and has now hit a three-pointer in 184 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior Eleia Roddy finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds, her 16 th career and 12 th double-double of the season.
- She concludes her Kentucky career with 747 points and 563 rebounds in 97 career games and ranks fifth on UK's career double-doubles list.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds, her 13 th game with double-figure rebounds. She also swatted a game-high three blocks and had one steal. She has at least one steal in 27 of 32 games, including eight consecutive.
- Senior guard Carly Ormerod finished the game with 11 points.
- It was her fourth game of the season with double figures.
- Played in her team-leading 106 th career game and played a season-high 40 minutes.
- Concluded her Wildcat career ranking in the top 10 on four career lists, including:
- Eighth on UK's three-point field goal made list (101)
- Seventh on UK's three-point field goals attempted list (315)
- 10 th on UK's three-point field goal percentage list (.321)
- Ninth on UK's assists per game list (2.92).