Kentucky-Hampton Postgame Notes
March 19, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 25-8 while Hampton ends its season at 25-7.
- UK outscored Hampton 10-6 in overtime and improved to 22-23 all-time in extra minutes.
- Matthew Mitchell improved to 5-3 overall, 3-2 at UK in overtime.
- The Cats are making their eighth NCAA Tournament appearance and now own an 8-7 record in the tournament.
- UK is now 4-1 all-time as a No. 4 seed.
- Kentucky is now 5-3 in the first round and has won four consecutive NCAA Tournament First Round games.
- Kentucky is now 1-0 against Hampton and improves to 6-0 against the MEAC.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 116-77 overall, 86-48 at UK, and improves to 4-1 in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kentucky is now 628-464 in 37 years of varsity play.
- Fourth-seeded Kentucky will play fifth-seeded North Carolina in the second round Monday, March 21 at 9:30 EDT. UNC defeated 12th-seeded Fresno State 82-68 to advance to the second round. The game will be aired on ESPN2 regionally with additional coverage on ESPN3.com, and broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Network with Neil Price.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started Victoria Dunlap, A’dia Mathies, Keyla Snowden, Brittany Henderson and Bernisha Pinkett for the sixth time this season.
- Current lineup is now 5-1 with its only loss to Tennessee in the finals of the SEC Tournament.
- UK has used 12 different starting lineups this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 102-of-134 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 70 consecutive.
- UK is now 38-27 overall in games decided by 10-points or less under Coach Mitchell, 10-4 this season.
- Even with point guard A’dia Mathies out most of the game with foul trouble the Cats only committed 13 turnovers, one shy of its season low of 12.
- Kentucky forced Hampton into 17 turnovers and has forced double-digits turnovers in 82 consecutive games. The Cats hold a 57-24 record during that span.
- With eight 3-pointers, Kentucky extended its streak of consecutive games with a triple to 256.
- UK hit six treys in the first half, the most since netting eight vs. Middle Tennessee on Dec. 29.
- Ten of the 11 players that saw action scored at least one point.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden – Scored a team-high 19 points in a career-high 37 minutes of play.
- Scored a team-leading 16 points in the first half.
- Snowden’s 16 points in the first half marked the most points in an opening frame since Dunlap scored 16 vs. Tennessee on Feb. 7
- Moved into fifth place on UK’s career 3-pointers made list with 114, passing Sam Mahoney who had 113 from 2005-08.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap - Recorded her 31st career and ninth double-double of the season with 13 points (11 coming in the second half) and a game-high-tying 12 rebounds.
- Left the game with 9:55 remaining in the first half after picking up two fouls … Recorded only two points and two rebounds in just seven minutes.
- Has scored in double figures 30 times this season, including 21 consecutive and 94 times in her career.
- Freshman guard Maegan Conwright – Scored eight points and dished out a team-high tying three assists while grabbing two rebounds.
- Took over the point guard duties after Mathies remained in foul trouble the entire game.
- Sophomore Brittany Henderson – scored first four of UK’s 10 points in the overtime period.
- Swatted three blocks, tying her career high. She also had three vs. South Carolina on Feb. 10.