Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
March 7, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 23-7 overall this season and won its fifth consecutive game.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 709-484 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 28-35 all-time in the SEC Tournament.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 167-69 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 197-98 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 167 and winning percentage (.707).
- Mitchell is now 9-6 in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is 26-24 all-time vs. Florida, including a 5-2 mark vs. the Gators in the SEC Tournament.
- The Wildcats have advanced to at least the SEC Tournament semifinals for the fifth straight season.
- Tonight’s attendance was 4,271
- Next up: The Wildcats will face the No. 1 seed South Carolina Gamecocks on Saturday in the semifinals of the SEC Tournament at Noon ET on ESPNU.
- Key run: With the score knotted a 70 with 1:29 to play, UK scored five straight points, including a 10-footer from Janee Thompson and an offensive rebound and put back by Samarie Walker, to hang on for the win.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 358 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 182 consecutive games.
- The Cats are 66-40 overall in close games (games decided by 10 points or less), including a 10-6 mark this season.
- UK outrebounded Florida, 42-29 and has now outrebouned 19 opponents and 12 by double digits.
- The Wildcats are 18-1 when outrebounding their foe this season.
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- Kentucky is 16-4 this season when using this starting lineup.
- UK is 4-5 this season when trailing at the half.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth, who played just two minutes in the first half with two fouls, finished with a team-high 13 points, all scored in the second half.
- Has scored 10 or more points in 16 games this season, including seven of her last eight games.
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill recorded her 21st double-figure game of the season with 11 points off the bench.
- UK is 18-3 this season when she scores 10 or more points.
- Junior Bria Goss finished with 11 points, marking her 15th game of the season and third straight with 10 or more points.
- With her 11 points, she surpassed the 1,000 career point mark and now has 1,001 career points.
- She is the 29th Wildcat to score 1,000 points.
- Sophomore Janee Thompson added 10 points, her 14th game of the season with 10 or more.
- Dished out a game-high five assists.
- Senior Samarie Walker pulled down a game-high 11 rebounds.
- She now has 13 games this season with 10-plus rebounds.