Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
March 5, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 15-15 overall with the loss, while Georgia improves to 19-12 with the victory.
- Thursday's game marked the 42 nd meeting all time between Kentucky and Georgia , the sixth all-time match-up in the SEC Tournament. UGA now leads the all-time series 31-11 and 6-1 in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is now 18-29 all-time in the SEC Tournament, including an 10-11 mark in the first round.
- Kentucky and Georgia have met in three consecutive SEC Tournaments.
Team Game Notes
- UK returned to the starting line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Amani Franklin. This starting five is now 3-4.
- The Wildcats took a 30-29 advantage into the locker room at intermission, marking the 15 th time in 30 games this season that they have either led or been tied at halftime. The Cats are now 12-3 overall when leading or tied at the break.
- UK went 7-of-18 from the perimeter, extending its streak to 182 games with at least one three-pointer.
- Four Wildcats scored in double digits – Eleia Roddy (20), Amani Franklin (14), Victoria Dunlap (10) and Carly Morrow (10). UK is now 8-3 when four or more players score in double digits.
- UK won the rebound battle 32-29. The Cats have won the battle of the boards in all but eight games this season. Kentucky is now 13-9 overall when outrebounding its opponent.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward/center Eleia Roddy scored a team-high 20 points, marking her third career game with 20 or more points. All of those performances have come this season.
- Roddy now has hit 24 consecutive free throws dating back to the team's game at Auburn on Feb. 12, 2009 and was 8-of-8 in Thursday's game. That moves her into third place on UK 's consecutive free-throws made list.
- Junior guard Amani Franklin scored 14 points and hit four three-pointers for the second consecutive game. She also had four threes against South Carolina in the team's regular-season finale.
- Sophomore forward/center Victoria Dunlap finished with five rebounds on Thursday and now has 269 for her career to take sole possession of No. 7 on UK 's single-season rebounds list.
- With one three pointer, senior guard Carly Ormerod now has 99 career three-pointers which moves her into sole possession of No. 9 on UK's career three-pointers made list.