Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
March 2, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 22-7 overall this season and 10-6 in the SEC.
- The Wildcats have won six of their last eight games.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 708-484 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are 384-144 in Memorial Coliseum all-time, including 94-16 in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- UK is 12-4 this season at home (one game in Rupp Arena).
- Kentucky improved to 76-7 at home over the last five seasons.
- UK is now 29-10 all-time in regular season home finales and has won five straight.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 166-69 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 196-98 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 166 and winning percentage (.706).
- Mitchell is now 71-37 in SEC play, and 41-13 at home.
- UK is 20-27 all-time vs. Vanderbilt, including an 11-10 record in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky has won seven straight vs. the Commodores, including four straight in Lexington.
- Tonight’s attendance was 6,551.
- Next up: The Wildcats head to Duluth, Ga., this week for the SEC Tournament and will be the No. 4 seed and receive a double-bye. UK will play Friday at 2:30 p.m. ET vs. the winner of Florida vs. either Missouri or Mississippi State.
- UK has charted at least 10 wins in the SEC for five straight seasons.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bernisha Pinkett, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- It is the first time this season UK has used this starting lineup.
- Pinkett made her ninth career start and first of the season.
- It marked Pinkett’s first start since starting the final eight games of the 2011 season.
- Samarie Walker scored the first points of the game for UK with a layup.
- Walker has scored UK’s first points in five games this season.
- Bria Goss, Linnae Harper and Jelleah Sidney were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:56 mark in the first half.
- UK led 36-33 at the half and is 18-2 this season when leading or tied at the half and 7-2 in SEC play.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 357 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 181 consecutive games.
- The Cats are 65-40 overall in close games (games decided by 10 points or less), including a 9-6 mark this season.
- UK outrebounded Vanderbilt, 35-33 and has now outrebounded 18 opponents.
- The Wildcats are 17-1 when outrebounding their foe this season.
- The senior class of Evans, Pinkett, Stallworth and Walker tie the school record for winning class in school history with a 105-29 (.781) record. The 2010-13 class also won 105 games.
- The trio also has charted an all-time mark of 58-7 (.892) in home games.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth finished with a team-high 18 points on 8-of-10 shooting from the field.
- Scored 10 or more points in 15 games this season, including six of her last seven games.
- Junior Bria Goss finished with 12 points, marking her 14th game of the season with 10 or more points and second straight.
- Senior Samarie Walker tied a career high with four assists.
- Senior Kastine Evans has made at least one 3-pointer in 25-of-28 games this season after going 1-of-3 today.