Kentucky-South Carolina Postgame Notes
March 1, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats are now 15-14 overall, 5-9 in the SEC while South Carolina ends its regular season at 10-17, 2-12 in conference play.
- This was the 42nd meeting between South Carolina and Kentucky. UK leads the all-time series 26-16 but still trails 8-11 when playing in Columbia.
- This marks the fourth consecutive season UK has charted at least five wins in the SEC.
- UK has earned the No. 10 seed in the SEC Tournament and will face No. 7 seed Georgia Thursday, March 5 at 3:30 p.m. EST. The game will be held at the Alltel Arena in North Little Rock, Ark.
Team Game Notes
- UK returned to the line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Amani Franklin. This lineup is 3-3.
- UK is now 6-0 when scoring 70 points or more this season.
- UK went 6-of-11 from the perimeter, extending its streak to 181 games with at least one three-pointer.
- Three Wildcats scored in double digits. UK is now 13-7 when three or more players record double figures.
- The Cats trailed 27-29 at the half and are now 3-12, 1-7 in SEC games when behind at the break. This was the Cats' first win in SEC play when trailing at the half.
- UK won the rebounding battle, 33-31. The Cats have won the battle of the boards in all but eight games this season. UK is now 13-8 overall, 4-3 in the league when outrebounding its opponent.
- Kentucky shot 51.0 percent (26-of-51) from the floor, its highest shooting mark in SEC play. The last time UK shot over 50 percent was vs. Miami Ohio (53.3) on Jan. 3, 2009.
- UK held USC to 36.8 percent (21-of-57). The Cats have now held 27 of their 29 opponents to at or under 50 percent from the floor.
- UK dished out a season-high 17 assists in the game.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Amani Franklin scored a career-high 28 points, hitting 9-of-14 from the floor, including 4-of-4 from the perimeter. She was 6-of-7 from the field, 3-of-3 from the 3-pt line and a perfect 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the second half.
- She also grabbed a game high-tying seven rebounds and dished out three assists.
- It marked her fourth career game with 20 or more points, her third this season.
- Franklin is the first Wildcat to score over 25 points since Samantha Mahoney had 30 vs. James Madison in the WNIT on March 26, 2008.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap scored 18 points, grabbed five rebounds and had two blocks.
- It was her third straight game in double digits.
- Her five rebounds tied her with Jennifer Humphrey at No. 7 on UK's single season list with 264.
- Dunlap recorded a game-high three steals and has swiped at least one steal in 24 of 29 games, including five straight.
- Senior Eleia Roddy added 12 points and four rebounds in 23 minutes.
- Senior Carly Ormerod dished out a season-high eight assists.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow scored eight points and hit two three-pointers. She has hit multiple threes in 12 games this season, including 10 of the last 17.