Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes
Feb. 28, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 23-6, 11-5 in the SEC while Auburn improves to 14-15, 5-11 in the SEC.
- Auburn leads the series 25-12 overall and 10-5 in Auburn. The Tigers have won five of the last six meetings in Auburn. Sunday's game marked the final women's basketball contest at Auburn's Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum. Kentucky owned a 5-10 mark in the building.
- UK head coach Matthew Mitchell's overall record moves to 86-67, including a 56-38 mark at UK. Mitchell's record against Auburn moves to 2-2.
- Up next: Kentucky heads to the SEC Tournament as the No. 2 seed and will receive a first-round bye. The Wildcats will play on Friday at 2:30 p.m. EST against the winner of the to-be-determined No. 7 and No. 10 seed. The tournament will be played at the Gwinnett Center in Duluth, Ga. The game will be televised by Fox Sports South.
- Key run: Auburn scored six of the final eight points of the first half to push a 21-19 lead at 1:34 to a 27-21 advantage at intermission. The Tigers extended their lead to 34-21 thanks to a 7-0 run to start the second stanza. Kentucky closed to within five late in the second half, but could never grab the lead.
- Kentucky finishes regular-season conference play with a school-record 11 SEC wins.
- Kentucky's 23 wins in the regular-season mark the most since 1982-83.
- Kentucky suffers back-to-back losses for the first time this season. The Wildcats lost 81-65 at Tennessee on Thursday.
- The setback marks Kentucky's first loss to an unranked opponent while the Wildcats were ranked since an 86-70 loss to Delaware on Nov. 24, 2006.
- The Wildcats forced Auburn into 22 turnovers. UK has forced 20 or more turnovers in 21 of 29 games this season.
- Kentucky grabbed 13 steals against the Tigers. UK has swiped 10 or more steals in 20 games this season, including 10 league contests.
- UK made six three-pointers against Auburn and has now made a three-pointer in 216 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky made (3) and attempted (5) a season-low in free throws .
- Kentucky has held its opponent under 50 percent field goal shooting in 28 of 29 games this season.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Keyla Snowden, Victoria Dunlap, Amber Smith Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies for the second time this season . UK is 0-2 with the lineup.
- Kentucky had nine players available to play at Auburn. Crystal Riley (left foot injury), Anna Cole (right foot injury) and Lydia Watkins (flu-like symptoms) were unavailable.
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap finished with four points, five rebounds and two steals.
- Ranks in 21 st place on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,132 points.
- Ranks seventh on UK's career rebounds list with 754.
- Ranks third at UK with 115 career blocks.
- Ranks in fifth place on UK's single-season steals list with 187 as she has recorded at least one steal in 36 consecutive games.
- Marks only the second time this season she did not reach double figures. She scored nine points against Auburn on Jan. 24.
- Freshman guard A'dia Mathies contributed 20 points to go with five rebounds, two steals and two assists.
- Has scored in double figures in 21 of 29 games, including 11 of 16 SEC contests.
- Has pulled down at least four rebounds in 23 games this season.
- Has scored 20 or more points in four SEC games this season.
- Junior guard Amber Smith scored 17 points to go with four rebounds, four steals, and four assists.
- It marked her best scoring effort since posting 19 points at South Carolina on Jan. 14.
- Her four steals were a season high and tied her career high set against South Carolina (1/24/08).
- Has four or more rebounds in nine consecutive games and 11 SEC contests.
- Has hit 24 of her last 26 free throws dating back to the Ole Miss game (2/4/10).
- Sophomore guard Rebecca Gray added eight points off the bench and hit two three-pointers.
- She has hit at least one three-pointer in 18 of 26 games played.