Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Feb. 27, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 21-7 overall this season and 9-6 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 707-484 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 165-69 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 195-98 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 165 and winning percentage (.705).
- Mitchell is now 70-37 in SEC play, and 30-24 on the road.
- UK is 23-17 all-time vs. Mississippi State, including a 9-8 record in games played in Starkville.
- Kentucky has won six straight vs. Mississippi State in Humphrey Coliseum.
- Tonight’s attendance was 2,871.
- Next up: The Wildcats wrap up the regular season on Sunday, March 2 in Memorial Coliseum when they play host to Vanderbilt on Senior Day at 4 p.m. ET on ESPN2.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 15-4 when using this starting lineup on the season.
- Janee Thompson scored the first point of the game for UK by hitting 1-of-2 free throws.
- Thompson has scored UK’s first points in six games this season.
- Jelleah Sidney was the first UK player off the bench at the 17:41 mark in the first half.
- UK is 17-2 this season when leading or tied at the half and 6-2 in SEC play.
Second Half/Overtime Notes
- Samarie Walker hit 1-of-2 free throws to tie the game at 66-66 with 1.2 seconds left in regulation to send the game into overtime.
- Bria Goss scored eight points in the overtime session, including five straight to open the period.
- Goss scored 16 of her 20 points in the second half and overtime.
- DeNesha Stallworth scored 12 of her 16 points and grabbed 14 of her 20 rebounds in the second half and overtime.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 356 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 180 consecutive games.
- The Cats are now 64-40 overall in close games (games decided by 10 points or less), including 8-6 this season.
- All 11 players that suited up scored at least two points in the game.
- Kentucky improved to 25-23 all-time in overtime games, including 5-3 under Mitchell.
- The Wildcats are 2-0 in overtime games this season.
- UK defeated No. 9/9 Baylor, 133-130 in four overtimes.
- Kentucky improved to 309-21 overall and 64-3 under Coach Mitchell when scoring 80-plus points.
- The Cats are 14-1 this season when scoring 80 or more points.
- UK outrebounded Mississippi State, 51-43 and has now outrebounded 17 of its opponents.
- The Wildcats are 16-1 when outrebounding their foe this season.
- Marks the second game during the conference season UK has pulled down 50-plus rebounds in a game. UK grabbed 53 vs. Ole Miss.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth recorded her 27th (15th at UK) career double-double and sixth of the season with 14 points and a career-high 20 rebounds.
- First UK player to grab 20 rebounds since Victoria Dunlap grabbed 23 on Dec. 5, 2010 at Louisville.
- Became just the sixth player in UK history to grab 20 or more rebounds in a game.
- Her 13 defensive rebounds also marked a new career high.
- Second straight game with a double-double and fourth in her last six games.
- Has scored 10 or more points in 14 games this season.
- Swatted a season- and team-high four blocks.
- Junior Bria Goss finished with a team-high 20 points, marking her third game of the season with 20-plus points.
- Scored eight of her 20 points in overtime.
- Has 13 games this season in double figures.
- Tied a season high with seven made field goals (7-of-9).
- Senior Kastine Evans recorded 10 points.
- Marks her 11th game of the season in double figures and first since the SEC opener at Alabama on Jan. 2.
- Has made at least one 3-pointer in 24-of-27 games this season after going 1-of-3.