Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Feb. 26, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats are now 14-14 overall, 4-9 in the SEC while Georgia improves to 16-9, 9-4 in conference play.
- This was the 41 st meeting between Georgia and Kentucky. UGA leads the all-time series 30-11, including an 11-7 advantage in Lexington.
- The Cats are now 309-138 in Memorial Coliseum, ending the regular season with a 9-6 mark in the “House that Rupp Built.”
- Matthew Mitchell is now 19-10 in Memorial during his Wildcat career.
- The Wildcats' three seniors, Jenn'e Jackson, Carly Ormerod and Eleia Roddy were recognized during pre-game ceremonies. It marks their final regular-season home game.
- UK heads to Columbia, S.C., for its final game of the regular season matching up with South Carolina on Sunday, March 1 with a 3 p.m. ET tip-off. The game will be televised on FSN South.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Jenn'e Jackson, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Eleia Roddy for the first time this season. This is the 10th different starting lineup for the Cats this season.
- Seventeen of UK's 28 games, including 10 of 13 SEC games have now been decided by 10 points or less this season. The Cats are 7-10 overall, 3-7 in SEC close games.
- UK went 2-of-16 from the perimeter, extending its streak to 180 games with at least one three-pointer.
- Amber Smith hit Kentucky's only two treys.
- The Cats trailed 30-20 at the half and are now 2-12, 0-7 in SEC games when behind at the break.
- Kentucky outscored the Bulldogs 37-31 in the second half.
- UK won the rebounding battle, 39-27. The Cats have won the battle of the boards in all but eight games this season. UK is now 12-8 overall, 3-3 in the league when outrebounding its opponent.
- The Wildcats shot 31.1 percent (20-of-62) from the field, their lowest in SEC play and lowest since hitting 21.0 percent (13-for-62) against Xavier on Dec. 2, 2008.
- Kentucky tied its season-low with 20 points in the first half. UK also scored just 20 vs. LSU in its last game.
- UK held Georgia to 41.2 percent (21-of-51) shooting. The Cats have now held 26 of their 28 opponents to at or under 50 percent from the floor.
- Kentucky outscored the Lady Bulldogs inside the paint, 28-26 and in second chance points, 13-8.
Individual Game Notes
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap charted her 13 th career, 10 th season and second straight double-double.
- She now holds sole possession of the seventh place on UK's career double-doubles list.
- With 11 rebounds, she moves up to No. 8 on UK's single season list with 259.
- Senior Carly Ormerod grabbed just her second career and first season double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds, including a career high-tying seven defensive rebounds.
- Ormerod's double-double was the first of her career in points and rebounds. Her first career was vs. Ball State when she dished out 11 assists and 13 points.
- Sophomore Amber Smith added 11 points.
- She has scored in double figures in four of the last six games.
- Smith hit the only three-pointers in the game for UK.
- Senior Eleia Roddy grabbed nine rebounds and eight points, just shy of a double-double.
- Roddy was 4-for-4 from the free-throw line.
- Senior Jenn'e Jackson earned her fourth career and second start of the season.