Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Feb. 25, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 23-5, 11-4 in the SEC while Tennessee improves to 26-2, 14-1 in the SEC.
- Tennessee owns a 45-7 advantage in the all-time series. The Lady Vols have won the last 15 meetings in Thompson-Boling Arena over Kentucky.
- UK head coach Matthew Mitchell's overall record moves to 86-66, including a 56-37 mark at UK. Mitchell's record against Tennessee improves to 1-4.
- Today's attendance of 12,100 marked the largest road crowd of the season for a Kentucky game.
- Up next: Kentucky wraps up the regular- season portion of its schedule Sunday when it travels to Auburn for a 3 p.m. EST contest. UK defeated Auburn 68-50 on Jan. 24 in Lexington.
- Key run: After UK's Victoria Dunlap made a pair of free throws to trim Tennessee's lead to 9-6 at 16:46, the Lady Vols went on an 11-0 run to grab a 20-6 advantage at 11:58. The Wildcats pulled to within 23-17 when Amani Franklin scored on a fastbreak layup at 9:12. However, UK never got closer as Tennessee built as much as a 21-point first-half lead at 6:49 and led 45-31 at intermission.
- Kentucky allowed a season-high 81 points in the game and a season-high 45 points in the first half.
- Kentucky shot a season-low 29.9 percent from the field (20-of-67). It marked UK lowest shooting effort since making 27.5 percent of its shots against Wisconsin last season in the WNIT.
- Kentucky forced Tennessee in to 22 turnovers. The Wildcats have frustrated their foes into 20 or more miscues in 20 games this season.
- UK had 10 steals in the game, marking the 19 th game with double-digits steals this season.
- UK made four three-pointers against Tennessee and has now made a three-pointer in 215 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Keyla Snowden, Victoria Dunlap, Amber Smith Amani Franklin and A'dia Mathies for the first time this season .
- Junior forward Victoria Dunlap finished with 22 points, 10 rebounds, two blocks and one steal. She also made 10-of-11 free throws.
- Has eight double-doubles this season and 21 in her career.
- Has scored 20 or more points in 10 games this season.
- Has led all UK scorers in a team-high 15 games.
- Ranks in 16th place on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,182 points.
- Ranks seventh on UK's career rebounds list with 749.
- Ranks third at UK with 114 career blocks.
- Ranks in fifth place on UK's career steals list with 85. Dunlap has recorded at least one steal in 35 consecutive games.
- Moves into third place on UK's single season blocks list with 52.
- Has scored in double figures in 26 of 27 games played this season and 32 of the last 33 games she's played.
- Freshman guard A'dai Mathies contributed eight points to go with four rebounds and two steals.
- Has pulled down at least four rebounds in 22 games this season.
- Sophomore Keyla Snowden made the first start of her UK career against Tennessee. She had 29 starts in her freshman season at Akron in 2008.
- Made a trio of three-pointers and scored 14 points. She has made two or more three-pointers in nine games this season.
- Junior point guard Amber Smith saw her consecutive made free throws streak end at 20 when she missed the first of two free throws at 3:04 in the first half. The streaks spanned seven games and tied as the ninth-longest free-throw streak in school history with Lisa Collins (1981), Debbie Miller (1987) and Lydia Watkins (2008).
- Scored nine points and handed out a team-high five assists.