Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
Feb. 23, 2015
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is now 19-8 overall, 8-6 in the SEC, while Ole Miss is 16-11, 6-8 in league play.
- Kentucky moves to 731-494 (59.7) all-time in 41 seasons of varsity women’s basketball and 168-146 (53.5) in the month of February.
- Matthew Mitchell, UK’s all-time winningest coach, is 219-108 overall, 189-79 at UK.
- Mitchell is now 79-43 in SEC play.
- The loss snaps UK’s six-game winning streak vs. Ole Miss and two-game winning streak in Oxford.
- Ole Miss now leads the all-time series, 21-16, including 12-6 in Oxford.
- Tonight’s attendance was 1,017.
- Next up: Kentucky travels to Fayetteville, Ark., to take on the Arkansas Razorbacks Thursday, Feb. 26, at 8 p.m. EST. The game will be streamed live on SEC Network+ and WatchESPN.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Linnae Harper, Makayla Epps, Bria Goss, Jennifer O’Neill and Azia Bishop for the first time this season. This lineup is the 10th different lineup of the season.
- Marks O’Neill’s first start since Dec. 12, 2014 vs. Middle Tennessee.
- Jennifer O’Neill scored UK’s first eight points and had a team-high 10 points at the half.
- Linnae Harper charted nine points and six rebounds in the first stanza.
- Makayla Epps played just 14 minutes in the first half with an aggravated Achilles’ tendon in her left foot.
- Ole Miss’ Gracie Frizzell hit one of her four first-half 3-pointers at the buzzer to tie the score at 29.
- There were 10 lead changes and six ties in the opening 20 minutes.
- UK is now 12-4 when tied or leading at the half this season.
Second Half Notes
- UK opened the second half with Alexis Jennings, Bria Goss, Jennifer O’Neill, Alyssa Rice and Azia Bishop.
- The Cats hit just 2 of their last 10 shots in the game and were outscored 38-30 in the second half.
- UK’s 59 points are the second-lowest of the season.
- There were 13 ties and 11 lead changes in the game.
- Marks the first time UK has lost three straight games since the 2011-12 season.
- The Cats are now 77-46 (.626) in “close games” (games decided by 10 points or less) under Matthew Mitchell, including 9-5 this season.
- Sophomore Linnae Harper charted her sixth career double-double, all six coming this season, with a team-high 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- Has now reached double figures in 19 of 27 games this season, including three in a row.
- UK’s leading rebounder has now grabbed seven or more rebounds in 14 games this season.
- Hit a career-high tying two 3-pointers.
- Senior Jennifer O’Neill tallied 13 points, including 10 in the first half.
- It marked her 22nd double-figure game of the season and 67th of her career.
- Third straight game in double digits.
- Now has 1,346 career points which moves her up to No. 15 on UK’s all-time scoring list.
- Freshman Alexis Jennings came off the bench for 10 points and eight rebounds.
- Marked her 13th game with double figures and first since vs. Georgia on Feb. 1.
- Senior Bria Goss scored eight points.
- Hit 2 of 2 at the foul line and now has hit 18 in a row.
- Grabbed a career-high tying nine rebounds ... Also had nine boards vs. Florida on Jan. 22, 2012.
- Senior Azia Bishop scored seven points, grabbed six rebounds and swatted four blocks.
- Her four blocks moves her up to No. 9 on UK’s single-season blocks list with 46.
- Sophomore Makayla Epps was limited in the game with an aggravated Achilles’ tendon in her left foot.
- Played 28 minutes.
- Scored just one point but dished out a team-high five assists.
- Since becoming the starting point guard vs. Florida on Jan. 15, Epps is averaging a team-high 18.0 points per game.