Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
Feb. 22, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats are now 14-13 overall, 4-8 in the SEC while LSU moves to 15-9, 8-4 in conference play.
- The Lady Tigers now lead the overall series 28-7, including an 11-2 advantage when the game is played in Baton Rouge.
- UK has dropped 16 straight games to LSU, including eight in a row in Baton Rouge.
- Kentucky returns to action Thursday, Feb. 26 for its regular-season home finale vs. Georgia. The game will be televised on FSN South at 7 p.m. EST and will mark the final home contest for seniors Jenn'e Jackson, Carly Ormerod and Eleia Roddy.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Jenn'e Jackson, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Amani Franklin for the first time this season. This is the ninth different starting lineup for the Cats this season.
- Senior Eleia Roddy did not play due to flu-like symptoms, snapping her 26-game starting streak.
- Sixteen of UK's 27 games, including nine of 12 SEC games have now been decided by 10 points or less this season. The Cats are 7-9 overall, 3-6 in SEC close games.
- UK went 3-of-8 from the perimeter, extending its streak to 179 games with at least one three-pointer.
- The Cats trailed 29-20 at the half and are now 2-11, 0-6 in SEC games when behind at the break. UK outscored LSU 36-31 in the second half.
- UK won the rebounding battle, 39-27. The Cats have won the battle of the boards in all but eight games this season. UK is now 12-7 overall, 3-2 in the league when outrebounding its opponent.
- UK held LSU to 48.9 percent (22-of-45) shooting. The Cats have now held 25 of their 27 opponents to at or under 50 percent from the floor.
- UK's defense has held 14-of-27 teams to under 60 points, including six of the last 10. UK is 9-3 overall, 3-2 in the SEC when the opponent scores 60 or less.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior Jenn'e Jackson earned her second career and first start of the season. It marked her first starting nod since 2007 vs. Oakland in the WNIT. She finished with a season high-tying six points in a season-high 27 minutes.
- With a game-high 21 points (one shy of her career high) and career high-tying 15 rebounds, sophomore Victoria Dunlap charted her 12 th career and ninth double-double of the season.
- She is now tied for seventh on UK's career double-doubles list.
- With 15 rebounds, she jumps to spots and moves up to No. 9 on UK's career rebounding list.
- It was her third game this season to score 20 or more points.
- Junior Amani Franklin scored 14 points, her 16th game in double figures this season.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow finished with seven points with one three-pointer and a career high four steals. She has hit a three-pointer in 21-of-27 games this season.