Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Feb. 19, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats snapped a two-game losing streak to improve to 14-12 overall, 4-7 in the SEC while No. 13/19 Tennessee falls to 18-8, 7-4 in conference play.
- A season-high of 6,868 attended the game. It ranks as the 10th highest attendance in Memorial Coliseum history.
- This was just the seventh all-time win over the Lady Vols. UT leads the all-time series 44-7, including a 20-5 advantage when playing in Lexington.
- The win snapped a four-game losing streak to the Lady Vols. It also marks UK's first win over Tennessee since 2006 and first in Memorial Coliseum since Jan. 24, 1986. UK's last win over UT was in 2006 (66-63) in Rupp Arena.
- The 10-point win was the third-largest margin of victory of the Lady Vols in the series. The top two margins were 14 (96-82) in 1986 and 12 (81-69) in 1983.
- This is UK's first win over a ranked opponent this season and first since upsetting No. 23/21 Georgia, 57-50, on March 7, 2008 in the quarterfinals of the SEC Tournament. This also marks UK's first regular-season win over a ranked team since upsetting the No. 17/14 Lady Bulldogs on Jan. 31, 2008 in Athens, Ga. UK is now 1-6 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- The win marks Coach Matthew Mitchell's first over the Lady Vols and third against a ranked opponent in his career.
- Kentucky returns to action Sunday, Feb. 22 when it travels to Baton Rouge, La. The Cats meet LSU at 3 p.m. EST in the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.
Team Game Notes
- UK used the line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Amani Franklin for the sixth time this season. This line-up is now 2-4.
- Four players scored in double digits. The Cats are now 8-2 overall, 2-1 in SEC play when that happens.
- The scored was knotted a 29 at the half. UK is now 12-2 overall, 4-2 in conference play when leading or tied at the half.
- UK hit 3-of-10 from the perimeter, extending its streak to 178 games with at least one three-pointer.
- UK won the rebounding battle 38-35. The Cats have won the battle of the boards in all but eight games this season. UK is now 12-6 overall, 3-1 in the league when outrebounding its opponent.
- UK outshot the Lady Vols .444 percent (24-of-54) compared to .350 percent (21-of-60).
- Fifteen of UK's 26 games, including eight of 11 SEC games have now been decided by 10 points or less this season. The Cats are 7-8 overall, 4-5 in SEC close games.
Individual Game Notes
- Eleia Roddy finished with a team high-tying 18 points, including 12 in the first half.
- Amani Franklin finished with a team high-tying 18 points, including 10 in the first half.
- Carly Morrow charted 13 points while hitting all three of Kentucky's three-pointers. She has hit multiple threes 11 times this season, including nine of the last 14.
- Amber Smith added 10 points for her ninth overall and second straight game in double-digits.
- Victoria Dunlap pulled down a game- and career high-tying 15 rebounds, her 10th game with double-digit boards. She also added four points and three steals.
- Carly Ormerod grabbed a season high-tying six rebounds and dished out a season-high six assists.