Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Feb. 17, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 19-7 overall, 8-5 SEC while Georgia improves to 20-6, 10-3 SEC.
- The Lady Bulldogs lead the overall series 34-12, including a 16-3 advantage when the game is played in Athens. The Cats have now lost two straight in Stegeman Coliseum.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell is now 110-76 overall, 80-47 in SEC play, including a 3-5 record all-time against Georgia.
- Kentucky is now 622-463 in 37 years of varsity play and 129-213 all-time in the SEC.
- Kentucky heads to Nashville, Tenn., Sunday, Feb. 20 for a rematch against the Vanderbilt Commodores. The game will be televised live on the SEC Network and broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A’dia Mathies, Carly Morrow, Brittany Henderson and Kastine Evans for the 10th consecutive game. This lineup is now 8-3.
- UK has used 10 different starting lineups this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 95-of-127 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 63 consecutive.
- Key Run: With Kentucky only down four points at 14-18 with 10:54 left in the first half, Georgia went on a 10-0 run to extend its lead to 14-28. The Lady Bulldogs were never threatened from that point on.
- Both teams committed 17 turnovers in the game. The Wildcats are now 0-4 when committing the same or more miscues than the opponent.
- The Wildcats shot a season-low 8.7 percent (2-of-23) from beyond the arc.
- The two three-pointers tied the season low. UK also hit just two three-pointers vs. Miami (OH), South Carolina and LSU.
- UK has now hit a three-pointer in 249 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- UK forced UGA into 17 turnovers and has now forced double-digit miscues in 74 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season. UK is 52-22 during that span.
- The Wildcats 22 points in the first half tied a season low. UK also scored just 22 points in the first half against Duke and LSU.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap recorded a team-high 14 points and 11 rebounds for her seventh double-double of the season.
- Has now recorded 29 double-doubles in her career, which ranks third on UK’s all-time double-double list.
- With four steals today and 81 on the season, Dunlap moved into seventh place on UK’s single-season steals list, passing Patty Jo Hedges who had 78 during the 1980-81 season.
- Has scored in double figures 23 times this season, including 15 consecutive and 80 times in her career.
- Freshman Bernisha Pinkett was UK’s second-leading scorer with 12 points. She also grabbed a career-high eight rebounds. Her previous high was five on three different occasions.
- Has now scored in 11 consecutive games.
- Most points since scoring 17 vs. Vanderbilt on Jan. 23.
- Has recorded a rebound in eight straight games.