Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
Feb. 13, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 18-6 overall, 6-5 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 704-483 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats are now 383-143 in Memorial Coliseum, including 93-15 in the Matthew Mitchell era.
- Kentucky improved to 75-6 at home over the last five seasons.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 162-68 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 192-97 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 162 and winning percentage (.704).
- Mitchell is now 67-36 in SEC play, and 40-12 at home.
- UK is 15-20 all-time vs. Ole Miss, including a 9-7 record in games played in Lexington. UK has won five straight in the series.
- Tonight’s attendance was 6,530.
- Next up: The Wildcats travel to Knoxville, Tenn., to take on the eighth-ranked Tennessee Lady Vols on Sunday, Feb. 16 at 1 p.m. ET. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN as part of Rivalry Week and Play 4Kay.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 12-3 when using this starting lineup on the season.
- Janee Thompson scored the first points of the game for UK with a right-handed layup.
- Azia Bishop and Jelleah Sidney were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:31 mark in the first half.
- UK is 15-2 this season when leading at the half and 4-2 in SEC play.
Second Half Notes
- UK scored a season-high 60 second-half points, marking the sixth time this season the Wildcats have scored 50-plus points in the second half.
- Jennifer O'Neill scored 19 of her 27 points in the second half.
- Bria Goss scored 11 of her 15 points in the half.
- Samarie Walker recorded all nine of her points and six of her seven rebounds in the final stanza.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 352 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 176 consecutive games.
- Kentucky scored 100 or more points for a school record sixth time this season.
- UK is 45-0 all-time when reaching the century mark and 13-0 under Coach Mitchell.
- The 108 points are the most points scored in the series vs. Ole Miss.
- It marks the first time since Jan. 17, 2013 vs. Mississippi State the Wildcats scored 100 points vs. an SEC opponent.
- Kentucky tied a season high by shooting 50 percent (8-of-16) from beyond the arc.
- UK outrebounded Ole Miss, 53-41, making the Wildcats 14-1 on the season overall and 4-1 in SEC play when outrebounding its foe.
- The Wildcats have outrebounded 10 opponents by double digits.
- Kentucky set SEC season highs in margin of victory (+30), points (108), field goals made (37), field goal attempts (78), free throws made (26), free throw attempts (38) and rebounds (53).
- Junior Jennifer O'Neill notched her 17th double-figure game of the season with a team-high 27 points.
- Fourth game of the season and second straight with 20 or more points.
- Tied a career high with five made 3-pointers (5-of-7).
- UK improved to 15-2 this season when O'Neill reaches double-figures.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth notched her second straight and 25th career double-double, including fourth this season with 19 points and 11 rebounds.
- 11th game of the season in double-figure points.
- Grabbed a career-best nine defensive rebounds.
- Tied a season high with three blocked shots.
- Junior Bria Goss finished with 15 points.
- Marks her 12th game with 10 or more points this season.
- Was 10-of-11 from the free-throw line, marking her fourth game this season with 10 or more free throws made and attempted.
- Saw her streak of consecutive free throws made come to an end at 27 in a row during a span of 10 games. She tied the school record with Jenny Pfeiffer for consecutive free throws made.
- Freshman Linnae Harper scored 10 points, marking her ninth game in double-figures this season and second consecutive.
- Tied a career high with three assists.
- Senior Samarie Walker tied a season high with four steals.
- Junior Jelleah Sidney recorded career highs in field goal attempts (9) and free-throw attempts (6).
- Senior Kastine Evans has made at least one 3-pointer in 21-of-23 games this season after going 1-of-4 tonight.