Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
Feb. 9, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK fell to 17-6 overall this season and 5-5 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 703-483 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 161-68 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 191-97 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 161 and winning percentage (.703).
- Mitchell is now 66-36 in SEC play, and 27-24 on the road.
- UK is 25-24 all-time vs. Florida, including a 9-11 record in games played in Gainesville.
- Today’s attendance was 2,759.
- Next up: The Wildcats return to Memorial Coliseum on Thursday, Feb. 13 vs. the Ole Miss Rebels at 7 p.m. ET on Fox Sports South. Thursday is UK’s Play4Kay game and fans are encouraged to wear pink to support breast cancer awareness.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Kastine Evans, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 11-3 when using this starting lineup on the season.
- Bria Goss scored the first points of the game for UK with a left-handed layup off the opening tip.
- Linnae Harper was the first UK player off the bench at the 18:34 mark in the first half.
- UK falls to 3-4 this season when trailing at half and 2-3 in SEC play.
- Today marks the first loss for Kentucky when scoring 80 or more points since falling to No. 3 Notre Dame on Dec. 18, 2011. UK is now 307-21 overall and 62-2 in the Matthew Mitchell era when scoring 80 or more.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 351 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 175 consecutive games.
- Kentucky dropped to 5-6 this season and 61-40 in the Mitchell era in close games (decided by 10 points or less).
- Two Wildcats registered double-doubles in the game, marking the second time this season UK has had more than one player record double-doubles in a game. DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker each had double-doubles vs. Lipscomb on Nov. 11, 2013.
- Five Wildcats finished in double figures.
- UK outrebounded Florida, 44-38, marking the first time the Wildcats have lost this season when outrebounding the opponent (13-1).
- Junior Jennifer O'Neill notched her 16th double-figure game of the season with a team-high 20 points.
- Third game of the season with 20 or more points.
- UK fell to 14-2 this season when O'Neill reaches double-figures, with both losses coming to Florida.
- Senior Samarie Walker registered her team-leading eighth double-double of the season and 19th of her career with 10 points and 12 boards.
- Marks her 16th game this season with 10-plus points.
- Now has 11 games with double-digit rebounds.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth notched her 24th career double-double and third of the season with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
- 10th game of the season in double figures.
- Tied a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Tied a career high with eight offensive rebounds.
- Junior Bria Goss added 12 points.
- Marks her 11th game of 10 or more points this season.
- Attempted a season-high six 3-pointers.
- Freshman Linnae Harper came off the bench for 10 points in 17 minutes, marking her eighth game in double figures this season.