Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Feb. 8, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats fall to 13-11 overall, 3-6 in the SEC while No. 20/22 Vanderbilt improves to 18-6, 6-2 in conference play.
- UK falls to 0-5 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- The Commodores extend their winning streak to 13 games against the Cats. VU now holds a 26-12 lead in the series, including a 10-7 advantage in Lexington.
- UK is now 308-137 all-time in Memorial Coliseum. The Cats are 9-5 overall, 2-3 in SEC play this season.
- At halftime, the Victory Club (UK Hoops' booster club) awarded the first “Susan B. Feamster Trailblazer Award” to former UK first lady Gloria Singletary.
- A season-high 6,051 fans attended the game vs. Vanderbilt. It also was the 13 th largest crowd in Memorial.
- UK hits the road to Auburn, Ala., to take on the Tigers Thurs., Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. ET.
Team Game Notes
- UK used its original line-up of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Amber Smith and Amani Franklin. This line-up falls to 1-3.
- UK went 4-of-6 from beyond the arc and has now hit a three-pointer in 176 consecutive games.
- Vanderbilt hit 64.1 percent from the field, the first opponent to shoot over 50 percent against the Cats this season. Vanderbilt is the first opponent to shoot over 60 percent against the Cats since Delaware hit 61.2 percent (30-of-49) on Nov. 24, 2006.
- The Cats have now held 23 of 24 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less.
- UK was able to capitalize on the Commodore's miscues, turning Vanderbilt's 23 turnovers into 20 points.
- Kentucky outscored Vandy in second-chance points 13-6 and 14-11 off the bench.
- Kentucky held Vanderbilt to a season-low 26 rebounds. It also was an opponent low for UK. However, the Commodores outrebounded the Cats 26-25.
Individual Game Notes
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap led the Cats in scoring with 17 points in a career high-tying 40 minutes. Dunlap was one rebound shy of a double-double with nine.
- Junior Amani Franklin scored 14 points, hitting 4-for-6 from the field and 4-for-4 from the charity stripe. Franklin also was 2-for-3 from the perimeter.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow was 2-for-4 from the perimeter. Morrow has hit at least one three-pointer in 18-of-24 games this season and has multiple treys in 10 games, including eight of the last 12.
- Senior Jenn'e Jackson came off the bench to score a season high-tying six points, all in the first half.
- Senior Carly Ormerod scored four points and dished out a season high-tying four assists. She also grabbed a season high-tying six rebounds in a season high-tying 38 minutes.
- Senior Eleia Roddy scored just five points and was limited to a season-low 12 minutes due to foul trouble. She did not grab a rebound, snapping a 38-game streak, dating back to last season, of pulling down at least one carom.