Kentucky-Auburn Postgame Notes
Feb. 3, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 18-4, 7-2 SEC while Auburn falls to 13-9, 6-3 SEC.
- UK’s seven-game winning streak is the longest of the season.
- The Wildcats improve their overall series record against the Tigers to 14-25 and 6-10 when the game is played in Lexington. UK has now won two in a row vs. Auburn after defeating the Tigers last season in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky improves to 338-139 in Memorial Coliseum, including a 49-15 record at home under Coach Mitchell.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell improves to 109-73 overall, 79-44 in SEC play, including a 4-2 record all-time against Auburn.
- Kentucky improves to 621-460 in 37 years of varsity play and 128-210 all-time in SEC play.
- Kentucky will face No. 5/4 Tennessee (20-2, 9-0) on Monday, Feb. 7 at 9 p.m. EST. The game will be aired on ESPN2 and will be a part of ESPN’s ‘Big Monday’ which features women’s basketball’s best matchups of the week.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Carly Morrow, Brittany Henderson and Kastine Evans for the seventh consecutive game. This lineup is 7-0.
- UK has used 10 different starting lineups this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 91-of-123 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 59 consecutive.
- The 31-point margin of victory was UK’s largest SEC win in school history. The previous high was a 29-point win over Arkansas on Feb. 12, 2006.
- UK held Auburn to just 38 points, the lowest point total for an SEC opponent in school history.
- Key run: After Auburn scored the game’s opening bucket, Kentucky responded with a 19-2 run, widening the lead to 19-4. The Cats didn’t trail the remainder of the game.
- Kentucky has led at halftime in 13-of-22 games this season and now holds a 13-0 record when doing so.
- The Wildcats were 9-of-18 (50.0 percent) from beyond the arc. UK has now hit a three-pointer in 245 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- UK has hit eight or more 3-pointers in three consecutive games.
- Kentucky won the rebounding battle 44-27 and has now won the battle of the boards in five of its last six games.
- Marked the eighth time this season the Wildcats have outrebounded their opponent by 10 or more.
- The plus-17 rebounding margin is the highest rebounding margin in SEC play this season.
- Kentucky had 14 steals and has now forced double-digit steals in 24 of its last 32 games.
- Kentucky improves to 15-0 this season when scoring at least 70 points.
- UK forced Auburn into 28 turnovers, including 14 in the second half. The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 70 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- The Wildcats scored 25 points off of those miscues.
- Kentucky has forced 20 or more turnovers in 18-of-22 games this season and is 16-2 when doing so.
- With 33 bench points, Kentucky’s bench has contributed at least 20 points in 18-of-22 games this season. It marked the sixth consecutive game the bench has scored 30 or more points.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap recorded her 28th career, sixth season and second consecutive double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds. She also contributed a game- and season-high five assists and two steals.
- With 10 rebounds in the game and 1,007 in her career, Dunlap becomes just the second player in UK Hoops history to record 1,000 rebounds, joining Valerie Still (1,525 from 1979-83) on that elite list.
- After going 4-of-6 from the charity stripe, she now has 398 made free throws, passing Tiffany Wait (397 from 1996-2000) to No. 2 on UK’s all-time made free throws list.
- Marked the first time a UK player has recorded back-to-back double-doubles since she did it in three straight games against Boston, Butler and Morehead State last season.
- Has scored in double figures 19 times this season and 86 times in her career.
- Marked her 10th consecutive game with double-figure points.
- Junior Brittany Henderson scored a career-high 13 points on 5-of-9 shooting from the field and had seven rebounds.
- Eleven of her career-high 13 points came in the first half.
- Her previous career-high of 11 points was against Alabama A&M on Dec. 18.
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden came off the bench for 11 points on 4-of-7 shooting, including 2-of-3 from behind the arc.
- Has made at least one 3-pointer in 27 of her last 28 games played.
- Freshman Sarah Beth Barnette matched her career high of nine points, going 3-for-3 from behind the arc. She also added four rebounds and one steal.
- She also scored nine points vs. Middle Tennessee State on Dec. 29.
- Sophomore guard A'dia Mathies scored nine points while recording four rebounds, a game-high four steals and two assists.
- Only Wildcat to score at least one point in all 22 games.
- Recorded at least one steal in 14 consecutive games.