UK Hoops at Ole Miss -- Post-Game Notes
Feb. 1, 2009
2008-09 UK Hoops Post-Game Notes
Kentucky at Ole Miss
Sunday, Feb. 1, 2009
Oxford, Miss. (C.M. “Tad” Smith Coliseum)
Attendance – 1,328
FINAL SCORE: – Ole Miss 69, Kentucky 60
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats fall to 12-10 overall, 2-5 in the SEC while Ole Miss improves to 14-8, 3-4 in conference play.
- This marked UK’s 16th game on Super Bowl Sunday. The Cats now own a 5-12 record when playing on Super Bowl Sunday.
- The Rebels now lead the series 20-10, including an 11-4 advantage when the game is played in Oxford.
- Coach Mitchell is now 1-1 all-time vs. the Rebels.
- UK returns to Memorial Coliseum for a two-game home stand vs. South Carolina (Feb. 5) and Vanderbilt (Feb. 8).
Team Game Notes
- UK used its seventh different starting lineup this season. It consisted of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Amani Franklin and Carly Morrow.
- Thirteen of UK’s 22 games have been decided by 10 points or less this season, including six of seven SEC games. The Cats hold a 6-7 record overall and are 2-4 in SEC close games.
- Only one Wildcat scored in double-digits led by Amani Franklin’s season high-tying 20 points.
-- UK is now 1-3 this season when only one player scores in double-figures.
- Ole Miss outrebounded Kentucky, 40-35. It marked just the sixth time this season UK has lost the rebounding battle.
- UK attempted just eight free throws (4-of-8) today, a season low.
- The Cats hit a season high-tying 8-of-18 attempts from the three-point line. UK has now hit a three-pointer in 174 consecutive games. The Cats also hit eight vs. Arkansas and Tennessee.
- UK shot 42.9 percent from the field (24-of-56), its highest shooting percentage since hitting .455 percent against Tennessee in the SEC opener on Jan. 8.
- Kentucky held the Rebels to 40.0 percent (24-of-60) shooting from the field. The Cats have held all 22 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season.
- The scored was knotted 27 apiece at the half. UK is now 10-2 overall, 2-2 in the SEC when tied for leading at the half.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Amani Franklin tied her season high and was one point away from tying her career high with 20 points while hitting four three-pointers. She also tied her career high in blocks with two and finished with three steals and three assists.
-- This was her third career and second 20-plus point performance this season. She also had 20 points vs. UC Santa Barbara.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap narrowly missed a double-double with nine points and 11 rebounds. She has pulled down double-figure rebounds for the ninth time this season, including fifth straight.
- Senior center Eleia Roddy also narrowly missed a double-double, finishing with eight points and eight rebounds. She played just 18 minutes due to foul trouble.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow hit one three-pointer in the game and has now hit at least one three-pointer in 17-of-22 games this season.