Kentucky-Alabama Postgame Notes
Jan. 30, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky improves to 17-4, 6-2 SEC while Alabama falls to 11-11, 0-9 SEC.
- The Wildcats now lead the overall series 21-15 but still trail 9-7 when the game is played in Tuscaloosa.
- UK has now won six straight over Alabama, including two in a row in Coleman Coliseum.
- This was the final women’s basketball game in the storied Coliseum.
- Coach Matthew Mitchell improves to 108-73 overall, 78-44 in SEC play, including a 4-0 record all-time against Alabama.
- The Cats are now 283-319 all-time on the road, including a 21-23 mark under Coach Matthew Mitchell and 12-14 record on the road in conference play.
- Kentucky improves to 620-460 in 37 years of varsity play and 127-210 all-time in SEC play.
- Kentucky returns home to face two of the SEC’s top teams when it faces Auburn (13-8, 6-2 SEC), Thursday, Feb. 3 at 7 p.m. EST and No. 4 Tennessee (21-2, 9-0) on Monday, Feb. 7 at 9 p.m. EST on ESPN2.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Carly Morrow, Brittany Henderson and Kastine Evans for the sixth consecutive game. This lineup is 6-0.
- Marked the first time Kentucky has used the same lineup in six consecutive games.
- UK has used 10 different starting lineups this season.
- UK has started a freshman in 90 of 122 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 58 consecutive.
- Key run: After trailing 50-54 with 12:20 to play in the game, the Wildcats mounted a 23-7 run to take a 73-61 lead. Keyla Snowden sparked the run, hitting a free throw followed by one of her game-high four 3-pointers.
- The Wildcats were 9-of-20 (45.0 percent) from beyond the arc. UK has now hit a three-pointer in 244 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season.
- Kentucky won the rebounding battle 43-33 and has now won the battle of the boards in four of its last five games.
- Marked the seventh game the Wildcats have outrebounded their opponent by 10 or more.
- The Wildcats hold an impressive 270-19 (.934) record since 1974 when scoring 80 points or more.
- UK is 24-1 (.960) under Coach Mitchell when scoring 80 points or more, including 8-0 this season.
- UK’s 80 points were an SEC high. The previous high was 78 vs. Vanderbilt.
- Kentucky improves its record to 14-0 this season when scoring at least 70 points.
- UK forced Alabama into 23 turnovers, including 15 in the second half. The Cats have now forced double-digit miscues in 69 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season.
- The Wildcats scored 28 points off of those miscues.
- Kentucky has forced 20 or more turnovers in 17-of-21 games this season and is 15-2 when doing so.
- With 38 bench points, Kentucky’s bench has contributed at least 20 points in 17-of-21 games this season. It marked the fifth consecutive game the bench has scored 30 or more points.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap recorded her 27th career and fifth double-double of the season with 25 points, 15 rebounds, three steals and three blocks.
- Posted her sixth career 25-point and 15-rebound game, her first this season.
- With three steals in the game and 274 in her career, she moved up to No. 3 on UK’s all-time steals list, passing Patty Jo Hedges (271 steals from 1979-83).
- Has scored in double figures 18 times this season and 85 times in her career.
- Has scored 20 or more points eight times this season and 28 times in her career.
- Ninth consecutive game with double-figure points.
- Scored 15 of her 25 points in the decisive second half.
- Sophomore guard A'dia Mathies scored 12 points while recording five rebounds and four assists.
- Scored 10 of her 12 points in the second half.
- Has now reached double-digits 43 times in her career, including 17-of-21 games played this season.
- Has led the team in assists six times since taking over point guard duties in the second-half vs. Georgia.
- Played just six minutes in the first half after picking up her second foul at the 10-minute mark.
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden came off the bench for 13 points on 4-of-6 shooting, including 4-of-5 from behind the arc. She has made at least one 3-pointer in 26 of her last 27 games played.
- Her 13 points were the most since scoring 15 against Duke, Jan. 4.
- Has made four or more 3-pointers six times this season.