UK Hoops at Florida -- Post-Game Notes
Jan. 29, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats fall to 12-9 overall, 2-4 in the SEC while No. 12 Florida improves to 19-2, 4-1 in conference play.
- The Gators lead the overall series 22-19, including a 10-7 advantage when the game is played in Gainesville.
- UK is now 0-4 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- The Wildcats continue on the road to Oxford, Miss., to face the Lady Rebels on Sun., Feb. 1. Tip-off is slated for 3 p.m. ET.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Victoria Dunlap, Eleia Roddy, Carly Ormerod, Brittany Edelen and Amber Smith was used for only the fourth time this season and the first since Nov. 29 vs. Long Island. This lineup is now 3-1.
- Three Wildcats scored in double-digits led by Carly Ormerod's season-high 19 points. Victoria Dunlap and Eleia Roddy followed with 16 and 11 points, respectively.
-- Three or more Kentucky players have scored 10-plus points in eight of the last nine games.
-- UK is now 10-4 overall, 2-3 in the SEC when three or more score in double figures.
- Florida outrebounded Kentucky, 41-35. The Cats have either tied or won the rebounding battle in all but five games this season.
- Kentucky held the Gators to 46.7 percent (28-of-60) shooting from the field. The Cats have held all 21 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season. Florida is the first team to shoot over 40 percent against the Wildcats since Tennessee shot 45.5 percent on Jan. 8.
- The Wildcats shot 73.1 percent (19-of-26) from the charity stripe, the Cats' best free-throw performance since hitting 90.6 percent vs. North Carolina A&T on Jan. 1, 2008.
- The Gators scored 25 points off of 23 UK turnovers. It was the most UK turnovers since committing 26 against North Carolina A&T on Jan. 1, 2009.
Individual Game Notes
-- Senior Carly Ormerod earned her first start since Dec. 2 against Xavier and led the Wildcats in scoring with a season-high 19 points in a season-high 38 minutes.
- Ormerod hit a career-high 11-of-14 from the free-throw line.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap earned her 11th career, eighth season and fourth consecutive double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Dunlap scored 14 of those points in the second half.
- Dunlap now ties Stacey Reed for 11th on UK's career double-doubles list.
-- She becomes the just the fifth player in school history to chart four or more consecutive double-doubles. Valerie Still, Eleia Roddy, Jocelyn Mills and Leslie Nichols are the others.
-- Dunlap has now scored in double-digits 15 times this season and the Cats now hold a 15-8 all-time record when she nets double figures.
-- Dunlap has grabbed double-digit rebounds in seven games this season, including four consecutive. Each time she has earned 10-plus rebounds, she has also tallied double-digit scoring.
- Senior center Eleia Roddy contributed 11 points and seven rebounds. It was her 16th game this season with double-figures, including four in a row.
-- Sophomore Carly Morrow finished with eight points and hit two three-pointers.
-- She has hit at least one three-pointer in 16-of-21 games this season. Morrow also has multiple treys in nine games, including seven of the last eight.