Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Jan. 18, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats fall to 12-7 overall, 2-2 in the SEC while Mississippi State improves to 14-4, 2-2 in conference play.
- This was the 33 rd meeting in the series between Kentucky and Mississippi State. MSU now leads the overall series 17-16 and 8-7 in the Bulldogs' favor when the game is played in Lexington.
- The Cats ended their home winning streak at five games in Memorial Coliseum. UK is now 307-135 all-time in Memorial, including a 17-7 record under Mitchell.
- UK is now 571-438 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball, 111-196 against teams currently aligned in the SEC.
- Memorial Coliseum seated the Cats' second-highest attendance of 4,672.
- After a bye week, Kentucky returns to Memorial Coliseum Sunday, Jan. 25 to face LSU in the “Pack The House” game. The Big Blue Sports Network and FSN South will air the game live at 1 p.m. EST.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Brittany Edelen and Victoria Dunlap was used for the first time this season. It marked Kentucky's sixth different line-up this season.
- Eleven of UK's 19 games have been decided by 10 points or less this season with the Cats now holding a 6-5 record in those close games.
- Only two Wildcats scored in double-digits, ending a six-game streak of at least three Wildcats netting double-figures.
- The Cats were out-rebounded for just the fourth time this season, 43-38.
- The Cats have either tied or won the rebounding battle in all but four games this season, including 11 of the last 14.
- Kentucky held the Bulldogs to 35.7 percent shooting, the second-lowest output for the Lady Bulldogs season.
- The Cats have held all 19 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season, including holding 13 opponents to under 40 percent shooting from the field.
- UK shot 31.6 percent from the floor (18-of-57), the Cats' lowest outing since netting just 31.3 percent at Western Kentucky on Dec. 4, 2008.
- The Wildcats won the battle inside the paint 28-12, but Mississippi State capitalized on its second chance points, outscoring the Cats 14-6.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy led the Cats with 18 points, hitting a career high-tying seven of 12 attempts from the field. Roddy has scored double-digits in 14-of-19 games, including two straight.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap earned her 10th career, sixth season and second consecutive double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds in a career-high 40 minutes.
- Dunlap has scored in double-digits 13 times this season and the Cats now hold a 15-6 all-time record when she nets double-figures.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow contributed four rebounds and five points which included one three-pointer. She has hit at least one three-pointer in 15 games this season, including 12 in a row.