Kentucky-Missouri Postgame Notes
Jan. 12, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 14-3 overall this season and 2-2 in the SEC, while also giving the Wildcats their 700th win in program history.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is now 700-480 (.593) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 158-65 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 188-94 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 158 and winning percentage (.709).
- Mitchell is now 63-33 in SEC play, and 37-11 at home.
- UK is 3-1 all-time vs. Missouri and 2-0 in games played in Lexington.
- The win snapped a two-game losing streak.
- Today’s attendance was 5,279.
- Next up: The Wildcats are off Thursday and travel Sunday, Jan. 19 to Auburn for a 7 p.m. ET tipoff.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Jennifer O’Neill, Janee Thompson, Bria Goss, DeNesha Stallworth and Samarie Walker.
- This is the fourth different lineup for the Cats this season.
- The Wildcats are 1-0 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Jennifer O’Neill made her 36th career start, but first of the season.
- Bria Goss scored the first points of the game for UK with a layup and a foul.
- Azia Bishop, Linnae Harper and Bernisha Pinkett were the first UK players off the bench at the 14:03 mark in the first half.
- The Wildcats used an 11-0 late in the first half to overcome an eight-point deficit.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- Kentucky led by as many as 14 points in the half.
- Janee Thompson scored 10 of her 16 points in the second half.
- UK has hit a 3-pointer in 345 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 169 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats committed just 10 turnovers for the second straight game, tying a season best.
- All five starters finished in double figures, marking the second time this season the Wildcats have accomplished the feat.
- Kentucky outrebounded Missouri, 42-38, to mark the first SEC opponent this season UK has outrebounded. UK has outrebounded 11-of-17 opponents this season.
- UK held Missouri to 39 percent (23-of-59), marking the ninth opponent the Wildcats have held under 40 percent shooting this season.
- UK had six blocks, the most in SEC play this season and just one shy of the season high.
- Junior guard Bria Goss finished with a team-high 20 points and a season-high tying eight rebounds.
- Seventh game this season with 10 or more points.
- Was a perfect 10-of-10 from the free throw line, marking her third game of the season with 10 or made free throws and attempts.
- Drew two charges to give her 21 on the year. She took 20 charges all of last season.
- Senior forward Samarie Walker registered her 17th career double-double and sixth of the season with 10 points and 13 rebounds.
- Her 12th double-figure scoring game of the season and fifth straight.
- Marks her ninth double-digit rebounding effort of the season.
- The nine defensive rebounds were a season high.
- Tied a season high with two blocked shots.
- Sophomore point guard Janee Thompson scored 16 points to mark her 11th double-figure game of the season.
- Also finished with a game-high six assists, just one off her career high.
- Was a career-best 7-of-9 from the charity stripe.
- Her five 3-point attempts were a career high.
- Junior point guard Jennifer O’Neill moved into a tie for eighth place with Kristi Cushenberry with 110 career 3-point field goals after going 3-of-9 today. She passed Carly Morrow who had 108.
- Finished with 11 points to tie her with a team-leading 12th game of 10 or more points.
- Senior DeNesha Stallworth finished with 11 points.
- Ninth game this season with 10-plus points.