Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Jan. 11, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats improves to 11-6 overall, 1-1 in the SEC while Arkansas falls to 11-6, 0-2 in conference play.
- This was the 24 th meeting in the series between Kentucky and Arkansas. Kentucky tied the series at 12-12. The Wildcats own an 8-3 advantage when the game is played in Lexington. UK has won the last six against Arkansas, including three straight in Lexington.
- The Cats extended their home winning streak to five consecutive games in Memorial Coliseum. UK is 307-134 all-time in Memorial, including a 17-6 record under Mitchell.
- UK is now 570-437 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball, 110-195 against teams currently aligned in the SEC.
- Nine of UK's 17 games have been decided by 10 points or less this season with the Cats now holding a 5-4 record in those games.
- Kentucky drew in a season-high crowd of 5,570.
- The Wildcats travel to Tuscaloosa, Ala., for their next outing on Jan. 15 against Alabama.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap improves to 7-4 this season.
- Key Run: With the score knotted at 23-23 apiece in the second half, UK went on a 14-0 run sparked by Victoria Dunlap's second-chance point and one of four three-pointers from Carly Morrow. Arkansas would pull within six late in the game but UK hit 9-of-10 free throws in the final minute to seal the victory.
- The Wildcats netted a season high-tying eight three-pointers for the second consecutive game.
- At least three different Wildcats have each hit three-pointers in 13-of-17 games this season, including seven in a row.
- Three Wildcats scored in double-digits led by Amani Franklin with 16, followed by Victoria Dunlap and Carly Morrow with 15 and 13, respectively. At least three Wildcats have netted double-figures in five consecutive games.
- The Razorbacks outrebounded the Cats 42-38. The Cats were out-rebounded for the second time in 11 games and just the third time this season.
- The Wildcats capitalized on Arkansas' miscues by turning the Razorback's 21 turnovers into 28 points.
- Kentucky held the Lady Backs to 34.4 percent shooting. The Cats have held all 17 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season, including holding 11 opponents to under 40 percent shooting from the field.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior Amani Franklin led the Cats in scoring with 16 points and was 3-for-5 from the perimeter.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap contributed 15 points and a season high-tying three blocks.
- She has scored in double-digits 11 times this season and the Cats are now 14-5 when she nets double-figures.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow recorded 13 points, including three treys. She has hit at least one three-pointer in 13 games this season, including 10 in a row. Morrow also added a career high-tying three steals and was 4-for-4 from the charity stripe.
- Morrow has hit at least three treys seven times this season, including five straight games.
- Senior center Eleia Roddy grabbed 12 boards while also grabbing a career high-tying three steals. Roddy, the SEC's leader in double-doubles with eight, has pulled down double-figure rebounds nine times this season.
- Senior Carly Ormerod played 23 minutes, the most since she was forced to the sidelines with a foot injury. She contributed nine points and three assists.
- Sophomore point guard Amber Smith was 6-for-6 from the free-throw line while dishing out three assists.
- Junior Brittany Edelen hit a three-pointer and has now hit at least one three-pointer in five consecutive games.