Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Jan. 8, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- The Wildcats fall to 10-6 overall, 0-1 in the SEC while No. 7/11 Tennessee improves to 12-2, 1-0 in conference play.
- UK is now 12-16 all-time in conference openers and 0-2 when facing Tennessee in the conference opener.
- The Cats fall to 0-3 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- UK now trails in the all-time series with Tennessee 43-7, including an 18-3 deficit when playing in Knoxville.
- UK is now 570-437 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball, 109-195 against teams currently aligned in the SEC.
- The Wildcats continue league play Sunday, Jan. 11 when they return home to play host to Arkansas at 2 p.m. EST in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised live on the Big Blue Sports Network and Fox Sports Net South.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap falls to 6-4 this season.
- The Wildcats netted a season-high eight three-pointers and hit a season-high 57.1 percent (8-of-14) from the perimeter. Kentucky's eight three-pointers were the most against the Lady Vols this season.
- Three Wildcats scored in double-digits led by Carly Morrow with 16, followed by Brittany Edelen and Amber Smith with 13 and 12 points, respectively. At least three Wildcats have netted double-figures in four consecutive games.
- The Cats were out-rebounded for the first time in 10 games and just the second time this season. The last time was vs. Long Island on Nov. 29, 2008. The Lady Vols outrebounded the Cats 43-30.
- Kentucky outshot Tennessee 45.5 percent (25-of-55) to 36.1 percent (22-of-61). The Cats have held all 16 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season.
Individual Game Notes
- Sophomore Carly Morrow led the Wildcats with a career-high 16 points, after hitting a career-high 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
- She has hit at least three treys six times this season, including four games in a row.
- Junior Brittany Edelen came off the bench to score double-figures for the fourth straight game. She added 13 points while hitting a career high three three-pointers.
- Sophomore point guard Amber Smith dished out a career-high eight assists and added 12 points in the game.
- Senior center Eleia Roddy's double-double streak ends at seven in a row. That mark ranks tied for fourth on UK's career list with former All-American Valerie Still. Her eight season double-doubles ranks tied for seventh nationally.