Kentucky-Arkansas Postgame Notes
Jan. 6, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 11-3, 0-1 SEC while Arkansas improves to 13-1, 1-1 SEC.
- With the loss, UK snapped its eight-game winning streak against the Razorbacks, which included three in a row at Bud Walton Arena. Kentucky now leads the all-time series 14-13.
- The Wildcats are now 1-2 this season against ranked opponents after defeating No. 12 Notre Dame on Nov. 21 and falling to No. 3 Duke on Jan. 4. UK is 49-190 all-time vs. teams ranked in the AP Top-25 at the time of the game.
- UK has lost its last three conference openers, all against ranked opponents.
- With the win, Matthew Mitchell falls to 1-3 in SEC openers and is now 24-21 overall in league play.
- Kentucky now holds a 121-209 record all-time in SEC play.
- Kentucky returns home to defend its 25-game home winning streak against Georgia on Sunday, Jan. 9, at 2 p.m. The game will be televised live on ESPNU and broadcast live on the Big Blue Sports Radio Network with Neil Price.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Keyla Snowden, Samantha Drake and Maegan Conwright for the second consecutive game.
- UK has used nine different starting lineups in 14 games.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 83 of 115 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 51 consecutive.
- UK trailed 27-35 at the half, marking the first time the Cats have trailed at halftime in consecutive games. UK is now 0-3 when trailing at the half this season.
- The Cats were held to a season-low 23.5 percent (8-of-34) from the field in the first half and were shut out from behind the arc in the opening stanza for the first time this season.
- For the game UK shot 28.4 percent, its second-lowest performance this season. The lowest was 28.2 percent in the Louisville loss.
- Arkansas shot 50.9 percent (29-of-57) from the field, marking the first time UK has allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent or higher since Oklahoma hit 61.5 percent (32-of-52) from the field in the NCAA Elite Eight, Mar. 30, 2010.
- UK forced Arkansas into 19 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 62 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season. The Wildcats scored 17 points off of those 19 Razorback miscues.
- With 10 steals, Kentucky has now recorded double-digit steals in 19 of its last 22 games.
- UK has hit a three-pointer in 237 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season. The Wildcats were 4-of-15 (26.7 percent) from beyond the arc in the game.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap put together her third double-double of the season with a game-high 26 points and 13 rebounds.
- Moved into eighth place on UK’s all-time career scoring list with (1,508), moving past Stacey Reed, who accumulated 1,492 career points from 2000-2004.
- With 25 career double-doubles, tied Josh Mills for No. 3 all-time on UK’s all-time double-double list.
- Has scored in double figures 11 times this season and 79 times in her career.
- Has now scored 20 or more points five times this season and 25 times in her career.
- Sophomore guard A'dia Mathies scored 13 points.
- Mathies has scored in double-figures 38 times in 50 career games.
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden struggled from the field (2-of-9 FG, 1-of-6 3FG) but did extend her school record of 24 consecutive games with a three-pointer.