Kentucky-Duke Postgame Notes
Jan. 4, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky falls to 11-2 while Duke improves to 14-0.
- UK is 0-3 all-time against Duke. This was the Cats’ first trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium and the first meeting between the squads since 1995.
- The Wildcats are now 1-1 this season against ranked opponents after defeating No. 12 Notre Dame on Nov. 21. UK is 49-189 all-time vs. teams ranked in the Associated Press Top-25 at the time of the game.
- Kentucky is 10-15 all-time against teams from the current alignment of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- UK’s last win over an ACC opponent was Dec.31, 2005 against Wake Forest in Lexington’s Rupp Arena, 82-77.
- Kentucky returns to action on Thursday when it travels to Fayetteville, Ark., to take on Arkansas in the Cats’ Southeastern Conference opener. Opening tip is slated for 8 p.m. ET.
Team Game Notes
- Key run: With Kentucky leading 48-46 with 2:42 remaining in the game, Duke closed out the contest on an 8-0 run to make the final 54-48 margin.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Victoria Dunlap, A'dia Mathies, Keyla Snowden, Samantha Drake and Maegan Conwright for the first time this season.
- UK has used nine different starting lineups in 13 games.
- Kentucky has started a freshman in 82 of 114 games during the Matthew Mitchell era, including 50 consecutive.
- The Wildcats’ 48 points were its fewest in any game this season.
- Kentucky withstood two long scoring droughts during the first half that totaled 14:40 and still managed a single-digit deficit at the half.
- UK held Duke to 26.5 percent (18-of-68) from the field, the lowest since holding Arkansas Pine-Bluff to 20 percent (10-for-50), Dec. 21, 2010. The Wildcats held Duke to its lowest shooting percentage of the season.
- UK forced Duke into 17 turnovers and has forced double-digit miscues in 61 consecutive games, dating back to the 2008-09 season. The Wildcats scored 13 points off of those 17 Blue Devil miscues.
- The Cats are now 32-24 (.571) overall in games decided by 10 points or less under head coach Matthew Mitchell and 2-1 this season.
- UK has hit a three-pointer in 236 consecutive games, dating back to the 2003-04 season. The Wildcats were 3-of-15 (20.0 percent) from beyond the arc on Tuesday.
Individual Game Notes
- Junior guard Keyla Snowden led the Wildcats in scoring for the fourth consecutive game, totaling a team-high 15 points.
- Snowden holds the school record for consecutive games with a three-pointer at 23.
- Has connected on 23-of-45 three-point field goals during the last five games.
- Freshman center Samantha Drake played a career-high 38 minutes against Duke, going a perfect 3-for-3 from the field for seven points.
- Drake tied her career high with four blocks. She also had four blocks against Morehead State in the season opener on Nov. 12, 2010.
- Senior forward Victoria Dunlap contributed 10 points to move into a tie for ninth place on UK’s all-time career scoring list. She ties Stacey Reed, who accumulated 1,482 career points from 1991-95.
A'dia Mathies scored nine points but grabbed 10 rebounds, her third game this season with double-figure boards.
- Mathies tied her career high with 10 rebounds. She has brought down 10 boards on two previous occasions, last vs. Tennessee Tech on Dec. 7, 2010.
- Freshman guard Maegan Conwright played a career-high 36 minutes, eclipsing her previous best of 31 minutes logged at Miami (Ohio) on Nov. 14, 2010.