Kentucky-Miami (Ohio) Postgame Notes
Jan. 3, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK wins its fifth consecutive game and concludes non-conference play with a 10-5 record. Miami falls to 8-5.
- UK is 13-2 all-time vs. the RedHawks, 6-2 when playing in Oxford.
- UK is 25-4 vs. teams from Miami's Mid-American Conference (MAC).
- UK is 570-436 in 35 years of varsity women's basketball.
- The Wildcats begin conference play Thursday, Jan. 8 when they travel to Knoxville, Tenn., to face No. 8 Tennessee at 7 p.m. EST in Thompson-Boling Arena.
Team Game Notes
- The starting lineup of Carly Morrow, Eleia Roddy, Amber Smith, Amani Franklin and Victoria Dunlap improves to 6-2 this season.
- Key run: Kentucky raced out to a 10-3 lead to begin the game and never looked back. The Cats' 25-point win was their second-largest margin of victory this season.
- Five players scored in double-figures for the third straight game and all nine players that dressed scored at least two points.
- For the third consecutive game, multiple players grabbed a double-double (points/rebounds). Roddy (15/10) and Franklin (12/13) vs. IUPUI; Roddy (13/10) and Dunlap (11/12) vs. N.C. A&T and Roddy (11/10) and Dunlap (20/15) vs. Miami.
- UK scored 80-plus points for the third time this season. The Cats are now an impressive 250-19 (.929) overall and 3-0 this season when scoring 80 points or more.
- The Cats out-rebounded the RedHawks, 46-28. UK has either tied or won the rebounding in all but one game (Long Island) this season and 10 straight. UK has won the battle of the boards by double-digits seven times, including two in a row.
- Kentucky shot 53.3 percent from the floor, the second-highest shooting mark this season. UK shot a season high 55.6 percent against Yale.
- Kentucky held Miami to 33.3 percent (18-of-53) from the field. The Cats have held all 15 opponents to 50.0 percent shooting or less this season.
- After committing a season high-tying 26 turnovers in their last game vs. N.C. A&T, the Wildcats took better care of the basketball with only 17 miscues against Miami, including seven in the first half.
- UK's post presence was a key factor in today's win. The Cats outscored the RedHawks 46-18 in points in the paint.
Individual Game Notes
- Senior center Eleia Roddy grabbed her 12th career, eighth season and seventh consecutive double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Her seven straight double-doubles are the most since Valerie Still recorded a school-record 11 in a row during the 1982-83 season.
- Sophomore Victoria Dunlap grabbed her seventh career, third season and second consecutive double-double with 20 points and a career-high 15 rebounds.
- Dunlap becomes the sixth player in school history to join the 20/15 club and the first player to accomplish such a feat since Jennifer Humphrey did so in an SEC Tournament first-round win against Arkansas in 2007.
- Dunlap has scored in double-figures 10 times this season, including six in a row.
- The Wildcats are 13-5 when Dunlap scores in double digits and 3-0 when she has 20 points or more.
- Sophomore Carly Morrow finished with 11 points after netting 3-of-9 from the perimeter. She has hit multiple three-pointers four times this season, including three in a row.
- Junior guard Amani Franklin reached double-figure points for the fourth time in the last five games with 11 points to complement a career high-tying two blocks.
- Junior Brittany Edelen scored double-figures for the third straight game with 10 points off the bench. She also tied her career high with two steals.
- Sophomore Catina Bett came off the bench to record a career high-tying eight points.
- Sophomore point guard Amber Smith tied her career high with seven assists.