Kentucky-Alabama Postgame Notes
Jan. 2, 2014
Team Records and Series Notes
- UK improved to 13-1 overall this season and 1-0 in the SEC.
- Kentucky’s all-time record is 699-478 (.594) in 40 seasons of varsity basketball.
- The Wildcats have won three straight conference openers.
- UK has now won six straight road games.
- Mitchell is in his seventh season as the head coach of the Wildcats and owns a record of 157-63 at UK. Overall, Mitchell is 187-92 in nine seasons.
- He already ranks first on UK’s all-time wins list with 157 and winning percentage (.714).
- Mitchell is now 62-31 in SEC play, 26-21 on the road.
- UK is 24-16 all-time vs. Alabama and 9-10 in games played in Tuscaloosa.
- Today’s attendance was 1,639 .
- Next up: The Wildcats host Florida in their SEC home opener on Sunday, Jan. 5 at 3 p.m. ET in Memorial Coliseum. The game will be televised on CSS.
First Half Notes
- UK started with the lineup of Janee Thompson, Bria Goss, Kastine Evans, Azia Bishop and Samarie Walker.
- The Wildcats are 4-0 this season when using this starting lineup.
- Azia Bishop scored the first points of the game for UK with a layup. She scored the first eight points of the game for the Wildcats.
- Linnae Harper and Jelleah Sidney were the first UK players off the bench at the 16:56 mark in the first half.
- The Wildcats were outrebounded by Alabama, 24-19 in the half.
- UK tied a season-best with seven made 3-point field goals (7-of-14) in the first half.
- Kentucky dished out 14 assists in the half.
- UK forced 11 turnovers with eight of them steals.
- Jennifer O’Neill and Azia Bishop led the Wildcats in scoring with 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Second Half Notes
- UK began the second half with the same starting five that started the game.
- The Wildcats led by as many as 24 points.
- Kastine Evans scored 10 of her 15 points in the second half.
- Kentucky improved to 60-2 in the Matthew Mitchell era when scoring 80 or more points.
- UK hit a season-high tying 10 3-pointers and has hit a 3-pointer in 342 consecutive games.
- The Wildcats have forced double-digit turnovers in 166 consecutive games.
- Kentucky shot a season-high 86.7 percent (13-of-15) from the free-throw line.
- UK dished out 20 assists, marking the sixth time this season the Wildcats have finished with 20-plus assists.
- UK forced 25 Alabama turnovers with 14 of them steals.
- The Wildcats were outrebounded by the Crimson Tide, 39-34, marking just the fourth time in 14 games this season UK has been outrebounded.
- Junior Jennifer O’Neill scored a team-high 17 points and handed out four assists.
- Has reached double-figures in 10 games this season.
- Knocked down a season-high four 3-point field goals on eight attempts.
- Junior Azia Bishop scored a season-high 16 points to go with eight rebounds.
- Marks her third 10-plus scoring effort of the season.
- Set season highs in field goals made (6) and attempted (10).
- Senior Kastine Evans finished the game with a season-high tying 15 points.
- Has scored 10-plus points in 10 of 14 games this season.
- Tied a career high with three made 3-point field goals and tied a season high with five 3-point attempts.
- Senior Samarie Walker recorded her 15th career double-double and fourth of the season with 12 points and a game-high 13 rebounds.
- Handed out a career-high four assists.
- Finished with a game and season-high four steals.
- Marked her ninth double-figure scoring game of the season.