Men's Soccer at FIU -- Postgame Notes
Nov. 2, 2014
- Kentucky will be seeking its first regular-season C-USA title in its 11th year in the league.
- UK’s last conference title came in 2004, when UK went 4-1-1 to win the Mid-American Conference, UK’s last year in the league.
- UK has won four conference regular-season titles, all in the MAC.
- UK is looking to finish unbeaten in conference play for the first time since going 6-0-0 en route to the 2003 MAC Title.
- UK has gone unbeaten in league action twice, in 2003 and 2001 in the MAC.
- UK’s 17 points in C-USA action are the second-most in school history its most since going 6-1-1 in 2008 (19 points).
- UK’s .706 winning percentage is the third highest in school history and the highest since 2006 (.714). The record is held by the 1995 team that won at a 75-percent clip (16-5-1).
- UK’s nine-game unbeaten streak is tied for the longest true stretch in program history, equaling a nine-game streak in 2008.
- UK’s 2008 streak ended when suffering a loss in the C-USA Championship game to Tulsa on penalty kicks, with the game officially recognized as a draw.
- UK went on to win its first five games in 2009, making the technical school record a 15-game unbeaten streak from 2008-09.
- Kentucky’s 0.55 goals-against average leads the conference and is the best in program history.
- Callum Irving has the second-best goals-against average in school history (0.56).
- Irving’s 10 shutouts are tied with Sporting Kansas City goalkeeper Andy Gruenebaum for second in UK single-season history and is two away from the record held by Chris West in 1995.
- Irving ranks second in UK career history with a 0.89 goals-against average, just shy of Greg Raber’s record (0.85).
- Irving’s 17 career shutouts ranks fifth in UK history.
- Irving ranks eighth in UK career history with 107 saves.
- Justin Laird’s three game-winning goals are tied for sixth in UK season history.
- Laird’s 46 shots are the ninth-most in UK single-season annals.