Five Wildcats on Rivals.com All-SEC
Dec. 19, 2008
LEXINGTON, Ky. – Five Kentucky Wildcats, cornerback Trevard Lindley, punter Tim Masthay, linebacker Micah Johnson, defensive tackle Myron Pryor and offensive tackle Garry Williams, were chosen for the All-Southeastern Conference team selected by Rivals.com.
Lindley and Masthay are first-team selections and Johnson, Pryor and Williams were picked second-team all-league. Here is information on their seasons:
- Lindley, a junior from Hiram, Ga., has four interceptions and 11 pass breakups this year. He leads the SEC and ranks 14th nationally for total passes defended per game. A second-team All-American and a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award (nation’s top defensive back), Lindley set the school record for pass breakups in a career with 34.
- Masthay, a senior from Murray, Ky., leads the SEC and is fifth nationally with an average of 45.3 yards per punt. As the team’s kickoff man, he is second in the league with 20 touchbacks. He also is the team’s holder for placekicks.
- Johnson, a junior from Fort Campbell, Ky., has made 87 tackles despite missing two games because of injury. He ranks third in the SEC in tackles per game. He leads the Wildcats with 11.5 tackles for loss and has led the team in tackles in eight of the 10 games in which he has played.
- Pryor, a senior from Louisville, has been a dominant presence in the defensive line. He has 29 tackles this season, including 10 for loss and 4.5 quarterback sacks. He was named SEC Defensive Player of the Week for the Louisville game when he returned a fumble for a touchdown and caused another fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
- Williams, a senior from Louisville, has given up only one quarterback sack this season. He was named the SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week in UK’s win over Western Kentucky. As a team, UK ranks sixth in the nation in fewest tackles for loss allowed and eighth nationally for fewest sacks allowed.