Six Wildcats Named All-SEC
Dec. 4, 2008
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Six Kentucky Wildcats were named to the All-Southeastern Conference team selected by Phil Steele's College Football.
Cornerback Trevard Lindley is a first-team All-SEC pick, with offensive tackle Garry Williams, defensive tackle Myron Pryor, defensive end Jeremy Jarmon, and linebackers Braxton Kelley and Micah Johnson named to the second team.
- Lindley, a junior from Hiram, Ga., has four interceptions and 11 pass breakups this year. He ranks second in the SEC and 15th nationally for total passes defended. A semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award (nation's top defensive back), Lindley set the school record for pass breakups in a career with 34.
- Williams, a senior from Louisville, has given up only one quarterback sack this season. He was SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week in UK's win over Western Kentucky. As a team, UK ranks fifth in the nation in fewest tackles for loss allowed and ninth nationally for fewest sacks allowed.
- Pryor, a senior from Louisville, has been a dominant presence in the defensive line. He has 29 tackles this season, including 10 for loss and 4.5 quarterback sacks. He was named SEC Defensive Player of the Week for the Louisville game when he returned a fumble for a touchdown and caused another fumble that was returned for a touchdown.
- Jarmon, a junior from Collierville, Tenn., totaled 33 tackles, nine for loss, 3.5 quarterback sacks and five pass breakups this season. He ranks in the top five players in school history for sacks.
- Kelley, a senior from LaGrange, Ga., leads the team in tackles with 90 stops. He also has 6.5 tackles for loss, three sacks, two pass breakups, two fumbles caused and one fumble recovery. Consistency has been his hallmark, with at least three tackles in 24 straight games.
- Johnson, a junior from Fort Campbell, Ky., has made 87 tackles despite missing two games because of injury. He ranks third in the SEC in tackles per game. He leads the Wildcats with 11.5 tackles for loss and has led the team in tackles in eight of the 10 games in which he has played.
Practice Resumes This Weekend; Coaches Recruiting: The Kentucky football team will resume practice on Saturday and Sunday.
During the week, the coaches are on the recruiting trail. The players are continuing their academic work as they wrap up the semester (exams Dec. 15-19).
Bowl Game Ticket Applications Due Dec. 7: The deadline for the University of Kentucky Athletics Ticket Office to receive advance bowl-game ticket applications from UK season-ticket holders is Sun. Dec. 7.
UK season-ticket holders have three options for filing their bowl-game applications:
- Fax to the ticket office at 859-323-1269
- Take to the ticket office at the Joe Craft Center (open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- On the internet at www.ukathletics.com