Tennessee Game Sold Out
Nov. 27, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Tennessee at Kentucky game is a sellout. The Wildcats play host to the Volunteers on Saturday at 7 p.m. The game will be televised by ESPNU.
Reminder to Fans – One Bottled Water OK, No Thermos: Fans are reminded that thermos jugs and similar containers are not allowed in Commonwealth Stadium. Fans are permitted to bring in one bottle of unopened water.
27 Recognized on Senior Day: A total of 27 Wildcats will be recognized in Senior Day ceremonies before Saturday's game.
“I would like to see our fans in there early enough to honor this senior class,” Coach Rich Brooks said. “I know that the game-day activities are part of the experience and part of the fun in the parking lot, but hopefully they can do that all day long and get in there early enough to honor this senior class.”
Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:30 p.m. in order to see the event. Here's a list of the players who will be honored.
- 1 Stephen Ball, FB, Jr., Brentwood, Tenn.
- Ross Bogue, TE, Sr., Suwanee, Ga.
- 1 Trey Bowland, TB, Jr., Knoxville, Tenn.
- Anthony Cecil, WR, Sr., Hodgenville, Ky.
- 2 Chris Cessna, LB, Sr., London, Ky.
- Ashton Cobb, FS, Sr., Aliquippa, Pa.
- John Conner, FB, Sr., West Chester, Ohio
- T.C. Drake, TE, Sr., Bardstown, Ky.
- Zipp Duncan, OT, Sr., Magnolia, Ky.
- 1 Daryl Faulkner, CB, Jr., Memphis, Tenn.
- 1 Will Fidler, QB, Jr., Henderson, Ky.
- Jorge Gonzalez, C, Sr., Tampa, Fla.
- Maurice Grinter, TE, Sr., Louisville, Ky.
- Calvin Harrison, SS, Sr., Columbia, S.C.
- Justin Jeffries, OT, Sr., Louisville, Ky.
- Christian Johnson, OT, Sr., Ft. Campbell, Ky.
- Micah Johnson, LB, Sr., Ft. Campbell, Ky.
- Trevard Lindley, CB, Sr., Hiram, Ga.
- Dustin Luck, OG, Sr., Poole, Ky.
- Mikhail Mabry, LB, Sr., Mililani, Hawaii
- Sam Maxwell, LB, Sr., Hartwell, Ga.
- A.J. Nance, LB, Sr., Knoxville, Tenn.
- Corey Peters, DT, Sr., Louisville, Ky.
- 2 Michael Schwindel, LB, Sr., Hawesville, Ky.
- Lones Seiber, K, Sr., Knoxville, Tenn.
- Alfonso Smith, TB, Sr., Louisville, Ky.
1 indicates juniors who are graduating and giving up their final season of eligibility
2 indicates players who had careers shortened by injuries and are going through Senior Day
In addition, UK will honor the memory of linebacker Chris Mosby, who would have been a senior this season. Chris had committed to play for Kentucky in 2005, but passed away in an accident before arriving at UK.
This senior class has an impressive list of accomplishments, many of them unprecedented in the history of Kentucky football:
- Four consecutive winning seasons
- At least seven wins in four consecutive seasons, first time since 1909-12
- Three straight bowl championships, first time ever
- Wins over two top-10 ranked opponents
- 18 straight non-conference wins, longest streak in school history
- 12 wins coming from behind in the fourth quarter
Lyons will be autographing copies of the book “True Blue,” written by Leslie Lyons about the Kentucky football careers of Dicky Lyons Sr. and Jr.
Tennessee Game Ticket Also Good for Women's Basketball: Fans with a ticket to the Kentucky-Tennessee football game on Saturday can get free admission to that day's women's basketball game vs. McNeese State, which tips off at 1 p.m. in Memorial Coliseum.
Fans must show their football game ticket in order to get the free general admission to the basketball game, while supplies last.
“Cat Walk” Set for 4:45 p.m.: Fans wishing to participate in the “Cat Walk,” cheering the Wildcats when they enter Commonwealth Stadium on Saturday, should be at Gate 1 of the stadium at 4:45 p.m.